Chapter 4

Enadira walked into the great hall and headed toward her table with her friends. Ron, Harry, and Hermione had just seen her and peered toward her while sitting. "So what did Professor Snape want with you?" Ron asked Enadira. "It was the strangest thing; he first told me that I gained my mother's hand for potions, but then he said it's a shame I'm not in his house," she said to them as she sat down. "It's totally barbaric!" Ron said.

"I think he hates me," Harry said to them. Enadira looked at Harry across "I don't think he hates you, but he was a bit mean," she said. "A bit?" Ron said. Enadira shrugged. "Well, I'm not going to let him ruin my favorite class," she said. "Are you going to try to get on his good side?" Harry asked, and Enadira nodded. "Well, good luck," Ron said.

As it was now study hall time, Enadira decided to take out her sketch book and continue what she was working on. Harry had noticed her drawing. "You drew Hogwarts?" he asked as Enadira looked up. "What?" she asked, looking at her drawing. "Oh yeah, it's almost done," she added. "Wow, it's really nice," Harry said, admiring it. "Thanks, Harry," she said, and Ron decided to take a peek. "Where'd you learn how to draw like that?" Ron asked her.

"Well, between us, my grandmother hid a lot of my father's things, but I managed to find a lot of his art work, and I found a few books of his that basically taught me how to draw," she explained to the three. "Oh!" they all said. Enadira nodded and went back to work. After half an hour, more students came, and all they could hear was Seamus.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum, turn this water into rum" Seamus said as he waved his wand on a goblet of water. Harry kept looking at Seamus but was confused about what he was trying to accomplish. "What's Seamus trying to do with that water?" Harry asked Ron. "Turn it into rum," Enadira said as she was drawing near the great hall. "He actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before..." before Ron said another word, a small explosion happened.

A few students began to laugh while Hermione was wafting the smoke with her hand. "I told Seamus that he should make rum with potions, not a spell," Enadira said, sighed, and decided to take a break from her drawing. "You can make rum?" Hermione asked. "Well, no, but it's much simpler than the spell," she said. Then, not far above, owl noises were heard. "Mails here," Ron said.

Then a flock of owls took flight above the students, with almost every owl carrying mail for its owner. An owl dropped something off for almost everyone. Odette dropped mail for Enadira as it landed in her hands. "A letter from my grandmother," Enadira thought as she recognized the seal on the envelope. Harry asked Ron for his newspaper.

As Enadira was opening the letter, she overheard Dean say, "Hey, look!" "Neville's got a remembrall" he said, and everyone looked toward Neville holding the ball. "I've read about those! "When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something," Hermione said. As Neville held the ball, it immediately turned red. "The only problem is that I can't remember what I forgot," Neville sighed. Enadira opened the letter and began to read it.

Dear Enadira,

I hope you're in fine health and studying hard at Hogwarts. I expect you to write me back and tell me which house you were assigned to. A lot of my companions are curious enough as it is, but especially Lucious Malfoy. Also, I hope your professor for potions was impressed with your work. Stay strong and healthy.

Your grandmother, Rosalind

Enadira blinked at the letter. "Why does he keep entering our lives?" "It's weird," she thought. For some strange reason, Lucious Malfoy was always speaking to Enadira's grandmother about anything. Enadira shrank from her spot and sighed in defeat. "What's wrong, Enadira?" Harry asked her, and the other two noticed her. "My grandmother wants me to send her a letter today and tell her about my house," she said.