Chapter 5

After the last class in astronomy was over and it was now time for dinner, Enadira decided to walk quickly to her common room to grab her mother's journal to read a bit. She couldn't stop thinking about Snape, his dark, mysterious eyes, and his glowing black hair, which Enadira finds attractive. She realized her daydream and blushed while shaking her head. As she makes it to the common room, she tells the door the password and goes inside. As she walks inside, she finds herself surrounded by a group of her classmates.

"Um, what's going on?" Enadira asked them. "Someone said that you confronted Draco Malfoy and told him to piss off," George said, and everyone nodded. "You see, this proves that you belong right here with us and that you are one of us," Fred said, and everyone nodded. "You've noticed already that some people are a bit anxious around you because you're a Cromwell, but we're doing our best to befriend you, like me," Harry explained to her. Enadira was speechless.

"Guys, I don't know what to say," she said to them all. "I appreciate this, but you don't have to worry." "I'm glad to be with you all," Enadira said, smiling at everyone. They all gave pats on the shoulder to Enadira as they all left for dinner, and only Harry, Ron, and Hermione stayed with her. "Who exactly saw the commotion between me and Malfoy?" she asked them. "Sir, headless Nick," Ron said with a smirk. "He apparently heard the whole thing," he said.

"Oh," Enadira said. "I wonder if he saw Snape," she thought, but shrugged it off. "Well, it's best we get dinner before sleeping off," she said, and they all walked together into the great hall for dinner. As they sat down at their tables, the feast appeared, and they dug in. "So, did you send the letter?" Hermione asked Enadira. "I did; it's off somewhere with Odette," Enadira said.

"You know, if your grandmother is going to be upset that you're not in Slytherin, what's going to happen then?" Ron asked her. "I don't know Ron; I don't want her coming here, though," Enadira said. "Oh shoot, before coming here, I wanted to read a few pages from my mother's journal," she said when she realized the journal was not with her. "What did you want to find out?" Harry asked her. "A small detail," she said. The truth was that Enadira wanted to see if her mother knew about a certain feeling.

As they continue eating dinner, Enadira notices Snape across the room. Every time she sees him, everything is silent, and she sees him with colorful lights from potions. "I should really sketch him," Enadira thought as she stared at him, burning her eyes with the desire to draw him. "Enadira, are you all right?" Hermione asks her. Enadira sways her head and looks at Hermione. "Fine, I got off track," she says shyly, clearing her throat.

As dinner finished and the group began to head out to the common room, Draco found them. "Potter!" he called, and Harry stopped, facing toward him. "How about you and me, wizard dual, settle this once and for all?" Draco smirked. "I bet you don't even know what a wizard dual is," he chuckled. "He certainly does, and I'll be his second; who's yours?" Ron asked Draco. He scoffs, "Crabbe," as he points out.

"Midnight alright? at the trophy room," Draco said and left with his boys. "Harry, you're not really going to do this, are you?" Hermione asked him. "I don't think you should either; what if it's a trap?" Enadira said to him. Harry and Ron looked at each other. "Well, you both don't know much magic, and if anything, you can punch him in the nose," Ron assured Harry. Harry was in deep thought as they went back to the common rooms to sleep.

Before Enadira went to bed, she decided to check her mother's journal. She found the information she was looking for and the answer to the question she was asking herself as she flipped through the pages. "When I first met your father, he was very tall for his age. I saw him outside, drawing the Great Lake alone. It felt special just looking at him, and he was the most handsome boy I ever saw. If you ever have this memory for a boy, it means you have a crush on him.