18

Bishop almost choked at the tension in the room. His eyes followed Chicagos every move waiting for him to say something. Why did he even come in here? Why did he let Chicago get the chance to waste his time once more. He was more mad at himself that time because he wasn't suppose to be here, he should've stood his ground and kept walking, should've told him another thing about how he was busy. A part of him wanted the man to just start saying the right things, but he also could tell by the silence he was going to have to pull it out of him. Did he want to do that?  He was tired of feeling like he was making the only move to forward their relationship. If you could even call it that. It was borderline one sided, it's like Every time they made progress Chicago backed out.

Chicago on the other hand was thinking so hard if you watched closely you could see him the debate on what to say. He sure had a lot, he thought about what Acadia said, thought about what Kenya's been saying since they broke up. Then thought about what he knew, he knew he wasn't going to leave the streets alone. So where did that put him? He rolled the blunt hoping that by the time he sparked it everything would be clear, he would know what to say and it would be the right thing. He felt Bishops eyes on his but he kept his on the blunt he was rolling. Why was this so hard? Most of him didn't want to regret opening up. Did he even know how to open up to anyone but Kenya? Even then it took him a year to open up to her.

"Alright this has been fun- but I'm gonna leave" Bishop finally spoke.

"We ain't talk yet"

"You didn't say anything, as much I would like to sit and watch you roll up. I got stuff to do" he said getting up.

"Wait- I'm sorry" the words flew out of Chicagos mouth and Bishop just looked at him a bit confused but mostly intrigued. "I normalized certain things so much I ain't realize how it would effect you— I'm sorry you had to see a gun to my head, I'm sorry I brushed it off when you came to check on me" he added "I'm sorry that I threatened your boyfriend"

"You did what to Lincoln?"

"That's not important, he's a grown man he will get over it"

"Chicago! What did you say to him?"

"You care bout that nigga that much?" Chicago was growing irritated that Bishop only commented on that part on everything he said. About Lincoln's lame ass.

"You can't just go around making empty threats to people"

"Empty? Nah Nigga I meant it" he spoke scrunching up his face in disgust. "I'm over here apologizing and you only care bout that wack ass nigga - some disposable corny ass dude you don't even like!"

"That wack ass nigga? The same nigga whose sweet, who cares about my emotions? Who shows his? Right but he's so wack- you know what's wack? That wack ass apology that you jus tried to give me! I was scared for you! Terrified- not once but twice - the first time when you disappeared and ghosted everyone, the second time when you tell some stupid nigga in the Bronx to shoot you!" He started Bishop voice filled the room. He only took a deep breath and shook his head not wanting to give him the satisfaction of getting him out of character even more then he already did. "You could've died, I was so worried about you I didn't even worry about myself in that moment"

"I said I was sorry Bishop damn! What else you want me to do? Beg for forgiveness? I'm not finna kiss yo ass-

"I don't want you too! You know what I'm not doing this" bishop started he picked up his phone and went to head towards the door but Chicago grabbed his arm at a attempt to stop him. "You don't get it! You only think about yourself! One day you act as if we are dating, the next you brush me off- one week you spend everyday with me then you disappear with no call, no text nothing! And you think sorry is going to cut it!?" He asked and pushed Chicago back a bit. "Tell me why do I get punished for caring about you?"