16

The next morning Chicago was up early, but when wasn't he? He smoked a blunt ate some cereal and then headed to work. He hasn't been to work in awhile but he told them he had Covid and they agreed. He had his test next Friday and surprisingly he still was still studying for the most part. He had gotten multiple text from Kenya that morning as she heard through the grape vine from her Titan approved babysitter that Chicago got a gun to his head last night. She was nervous as hell as she didn't hear from him since he asked her if she got home safe. She did say was in her bed drunk by 1:25. He was at the library until his night class today so he sat down behind the desk he usually sat at and started to do his own work. He would put some books back later but right now he wanted to be lazy.

  Bishop sat down at his desk holding his head up with his hand. He lazily sketched as the teacher finished up some grades, it was a calm day a day to catch up on back work before the new chapter and all he could think about was why he didn't party in the middle of the week. Of course the hood didn't care they usually had nothing to do early that morning besides hit the block and the block was always there if they started late. The twins slept over last night and probably were still sleep right now as they were when he left. He hasn't spoken to Chicago since last night and a part of him felt guilty. He should've got in the car, he didn't realize he was doing them a favor after Acadia told him to take them home. Bishop assumed he was just trying to be controlling. But why would he be? The man ghosted him for a week with no contact, nothing and now he would come back and act like he cared? Bishop thought too highly of the man. He was simply doing a nice task and Bishop almost got him killed. He still didn't forget the fearless look he had when the gun faced him. It sent chills down Bishops spine then and now. Chicagos stares were always lacking a bit of warmth but he thought it was his upbringing that made him that way. Now? He was sure it was something more. He didn't know if it was drawing him closer to the man or away but either way Chicago was a whole new mystery that got harder every day.

   When Kenya sat down she looked nervous, Bishop was about to ask her about Chicago but she beat him too it. "You seen Chi this morning?"

"No" he replied and her face dropped. "I usually leave the house pretty early and I don't know if he-

"He's usually up early, I just haven't spoken to him since last night" she informed. Bishop just nodded every so slightly, did they get back together? Did she find out what happened? Why was she so worried?

  "His friends threw a party" he announced, he knew they were friends with Chicago the way they just pulled out guns for him. What did they do with Twans? What business did Chicago have with him? He had so many questions but he knew Chicago would half ass answer them all so he just observed Kenya when he said that.

  "You went to the party?" She questions a slightly eyebrow raise. "I did too, but I didn't see Chicago. L He  came with you?" The last sentence was filled of jealously and judgement but Bishop brushed it off.

  "No, I don't know why he came but Acadia got him to take us home"

"Oh- so he was with you last night?" Every question Kenya asked more and more attitude laced through and he didn't know if he was making it better or worse for the man.

  "No- I just saw him when we were about to leave and he gave us a ride" he lied and she nodded. The whole class he kept thinking about what happened.

    Chicago was now walking up and down the isle pushing the cart all the books were on as he put them back. He knew he has to hit up Trystan later, find more about whoever put a gun to his head. He needed to know a lot more then what he did. But mostly it was another day for him. He had gotten so many guns pointed at him, he knows what a killer looked like and the man from last night wasn't one. Chicago had left his phone at home on accident but he didn't mind either way. Who was he going to text? He was never glued to it anyway so he didn't realize he left it until he tried to check the time.  Bishop walked into the library after class and didn't see Chicago, did he not come today? That would make sense he went through something pretty traumatic last night. He went up to the desk and saw his book for class and glanced around the library- or maybe it never really effected him. Bishop didn't know what he wanted more, him to be traumatized? Or just act like nothing happened?  He was about to walk out when Chicago deep in a aisle putting books away.