A Birthday to Hopefully One Day Forget

Prologue:

✧.*_________________________________________________________________.*✧

In the bustling streets of the Clover Kingdom, civilians and travelers alike hoping to get to their destinations. Perhaps they hope to get to work on time or bring the fruits of labor to their family. Regardless of the reasons, all has plans on this busy day; This includes the young man walking briskly through the crowd.  

He dons a serious expression, so serious in fact that he decides to ignore how his messy bronde hair sticks up in various directions. His eyes, narrow and sharp, navigates through the crowded town. 

The noticeable change in the behavior of the people became apparent. The people did their best to maintain a safe distance from him, their eyes darting nervously and their footsteps quickening. However, their wariness extended far beyond the fact that he was a Magic Knight.

Yes a magic knight, the sworn protectors of Clover Kingdom and this young man is one of them.

 The infamous "Gauche Adlai".

Gauche had gained a reputation, notorious for his abrasive and often problematic personality. His demeanor was far from approachable, and his interactions with others were often characterized by snide remarks and a dismissive attitude. People had experienced firsthand the sharpness of his tongue and the dismissiveness with which he treated those around him.

While Gauche's dedication and expertise as a Magic Knight was undeniable, his association with the Black Bulls Brigade further added to his infamy. The Black Bulls were infamous throughout the kingdom for their rowdy behavior, unconventional methods, and the general chaos that seemed to follow them wherever they went. As a member of this group, Gauche's reputation suffered by association.

The combination of Gauche's prickly personality and his affiliation with the Black Bulls created an image that made people hesitant to engage with him. The townsfolk preferred to maintain a safe distance, avoiding any unnecessary contact in an effort to protect themselves from potential confrontation or discomfort.

Gauche, however, was not oblivious to the perception others had of him. He was well aware of the rumors and whispers that followed in his wake. Not that he cared.

 He maneuvered swiftly between the various stores, his arms burdened with an assortment of meticulously chosen gifts. Those who dont know of him or are new to town watch in awe and judgement as the mage continues his shopping spree unlike those who have become used to this display of oddity, resuming their daily activities without batting an eye.

The knight continued on his shopping spree, the load in his arms seem to be ever-growing. Gauche's discerning eyes scan the shelves and displays. He becomes lost to his own thoughts.

He spots a delicate porcelain figurine, intricately crafted with exquisite details. Its graceful form and vibrant colors instantly draw his gaze, considering it as a potential gift that would surely captivate his sister's imagination.

Moving along, he notices a display of beautifully bound books. Gauche carefully examines each title, searching for a story that would resonate with Marie's interests. He looks for tales filled with adventure, magic, or perhaps heartwarming lessons that would inspire her. Marie always loved stories that were filled not only with wonder but showed the good in the world. A smile crept upon Gauche's lips thinking of how pure and kind his sister was. Truly he was the luckiest brother in the world.

Next, his eyes catch a glimpse of a display of art supplies. Gauche recognizes Marie's talent for drawing and painting, and he carefully selects a set of high-quality brushes and paints that would encourage her artistic endeavors and help her refine her skills. He couldn't wait for the day she would become a famous painter and her work would be displayed all over the world for all to see. Of course everyone should see and appreciate the wondrous works of his angel