||Garden Party||

Kunti pov

Durupad : Its great that she agreed Pritha.

I nodded my head. I had this idea in my mind for a long time. I wanted Urvi and Dhirsthduyman together but Durupad put forth it for his first son. According to him he can die anytime and wants to see Urvi and Karn together. I couldn't disagree. She would be the queen. Some where deep inside I knew thats why she is marrying Karn. Not for love but for the throne.

Me : She is my daughter.

Durupad just smiled. His attention was towards his daughter who was busy talking to everyone. I guess he noticed the tension between her and Dhirsthduyman.

Durupad : Is that Chitra?

I nodded.

Durupad : 12 years when I last time saw her. She is very close to my son.

Me : So? So is Renu.

Durupad : Renu and Karn grew up together. Karn is her brother. I wouldn't say the same for those two.

Me : One is your son. I don't think you should exploit him.

Durupad : I am not but other people are.

Me : Then maybe get him married.

Durupad : That is what I want to talk to you about.

Me : I have only one daughter and she is getting married. Duhsala marriage is fixed. Who else can I give you?

Durupad : Pritha you are my best friend and there is no one I trust more than you. I want you to find my son a bride.

I looked at him confused. My own kids never let me chose their brides now I have to choose. Wait a minute!

Me : There is a swayamvara coming up. Princess Siya....

Durupad : I know who she is. I have met their family many times.

Me : Those people are very greedy. I know that Hastinapur isn't sending anyone and even Dwarka isn't which leaves you people.

Durupad : A gold digger as my daughter in law?

Me : I don't think Siya is that way. I checked about her and it is said she is just doing things for her mother but in reality she is a kind soul and is fit as your daughter in law.

Durupad : Well then thank you.

"Kunti!"

I turned around to see the queen of Magadh. Queen Riya.

We aren't friends. Not even a bit. She always hated me.

Riya : What a pleasant surprise to see you two friends chit chatting together!

Durupad : I am going to go and scare my daughter.

Huh?

Durupad left me with Riya.

Riya : I heard your last daughter in law is back. I mean the youngest one. I assume there will be another good news.

Me : My daughter is getting married your son is getting remarried isn't that enough good news?

Riya : Of course but another grand child is not wrong.

Me : Listen to me. If I get a grand child or not is none of your goddamn business.

I think Chitra noticed the tension because she came over there.

Chitra : Matashree why don't you join us?

She shot an angry look at Riya and we both walked away. 

Chitra : WHat does she want?

Me : A talk about you.

Chitra : I remember her being close to my dear mother. I don't trust her a bit. She is just going to say this to my dear mother.

I rolled my eyes.

Arjun : Wife and mother in law together.

Wife?

Chitra : Okay what is wrong with him?

Nakul : We may have got him a bit drunk.

Chitra : I leave this place for few minutes and he is drunk?

Krish : You left him with us.

Chitra rolled her eyes.

Me : be happy the kids aren't here to see this.

Balaram : Come on Chachi.

The Dwarka kids. Balaram and Revathi have a son Nishant and a daughter Vatsala. Rukmini and Krish have a son Praduyman. Jambavati and Krish have a son Randeep whereas Satyabhama doesn't have any kids. I think its because she is scared to lose this one also. We don't bring the matter up and even someone does she replies by saying 'I have 4 kids already.'

Satyabhama : Anyways Urvi and Karn's wedding is so exciting.

Urvi : Yeah very exciting. Is no one thinking the fact that I will leave Hastinapur forever.

Yudhisthir : You are not leaving forever you always have a room and a family here.

Arjun : Karn knows I will kill him if he does anything wrong. Right bestie?

Karn : please sit down Arjun and continue starring at your wives.

Draupadi : Karn don't give him ideas.

Exactly that time Iravan and Abhimanyu came running.

Iravan : Pitashree some grandpa came and started talking to us.

Arjun : How dare you call me grandpa!?

Abhimanyu : not you. Whats wrong with him?

Uloopi : He is just tired. Chitra please make him sit down.

Chitra nodded and slowly made Arjun sit down who wasn't making any sound.

Me : Does that grand pa have any name?

Abhimanyu : Sakuni.

All of us looked at them both.

Iravan : he look very bad and he was making Suthanu uncomfortable.

Draupadi and Yudhisthir : Where is she?

Abhimanyu : All of them went to their rooms.

Renu : Why the hell did I invite him?

Me : Close to Duhsala.

Arjun : He called me a grand pa.

Chitra : listen to me you monkey if you don't shut up I will cover your mouth with a cloth and maybe even your nose. So shut it. Nakul bhai you will be next. Iravan and Abhi go to your siblings and go to bed. Call it a night.

Both of them nodded and left.

All of us looked at Chitra.

Chitra : I was 12 and now I am 16.

Everyone but Chitra and Arjun : We know.

Me : Guys lets get some rest and somebody has to take care of him (pointing towards Arjun).

Uloopi : I will. Lets go Arya.

Arjun : hello second wife.

Uloopi rolled her eyes but took him.

Chitra : he called me his wife. ewww.

Me : You are his wife.

Chitra just gave me an awkward smile and left.

Draupadi : Give her sometime Ma.

I know but how long?