Chapter 6

"if you two are a thing, I'm gonna flirt with you. and make you mine, somehow" Gojo whispered. 

your eyes were staring into his blue eyes blankly, why? why didn't you feel anything towards him? it was a mystery to you, and to him, he thought you had improved in keeping your cursed energy in check...

he laughed playfully and patted your cheek "Good job" he said and plopped beside you again. "but I was telling the truth before, I will do that, just to make Nanami jealous" he smiled which made you sigh "I can't believe you were my senpai once"

"Don't say that Y/N" he mock-pouted. his hands were in his pocket, as usual, he knew you wouldn't answer his question about what Nanami's relationship was with you, and if he tried to inquire further, that would mean he is interested in your personal life, which he was, but he never wanted to admit, especially in front of you, or anyone he knows.

"you don't seem like you are in a relationship" you commented. your face was blank, but there was a slight hint of annoyance on your face, which Gojo didn't see, he never saw others' expressions clearly, he assumed them mostly.

"that's what you think, and I do not intend to answer that" I smiled, tilting his head. he had his whole body turned to look at you, his legs were crossed, leaning on his arms which were back on one side of the arms of the couch.

"That was not a question," you said, you couldn't stop yourself from smiling cheekily.

he clicked his tongue, this was the first time he felt annoyed by your witty comments, but he couldn't help but pat your head seeing your smile. 

"you are learning from me now" he grinned. "good girl" those words, he swallowed them before they came out of him.

you rolled your eyes "Thank you for the compliment" you said sarcastically. "but I rather not... learn from you, Sen-pai" you said 'senpai' mockingly, emphasizing the word.

he placed a hand on his slightly opened mouth, in mock-seriousness, acting like he was delighted, he was happy you actually did call him 'senpai', this was the first time you had called it to his face... but he knew you were being sarcastic. but still, it counts for him.

you both laughed, you both were getting each other's humor for the first time, and it felt good, to get along with your senpai who you thought was the most annoying person in the world. you felt like he was an actual human now... with emotions, not the strongest whom you are supposed to look up at.

after the practices, Gojo was walking alone in the hallway, thinking about the time he spent with you the previous night, that was so long since he had laughed that loudly after Suguru... 
he smiled to himself, he was very happy that you smiled genuinely, laughed as well, he smiled thinking that, that he was the one who made you laugh like that...

"sensei?" his thoughts were broken by a familiar voice "Why are you smiling to yourself? it's weird" Megumi, who had an annoyed look said to him, he had a shopping bag filled with groceries. 

Gojo ignored his precious student's question "went shopping, huh? Who's errands are you doing this time?" he smirked, tilting his head.

"Itadori said he's making that meatball recipe, I had to buy the stuff" he sighed "What about the answer to m-"

"did you do as I said? make her join you guys too" Gojo cuts Megumi, making the young boy's face darken more in annoyance 

"I did it, and let me ask you something... sensei, why are you so worried about her? you weren't that close when you were in high school either, right?"

"did Shoko bail on me or something?" he asked with a small mock pout.

"Answer me, sensei"

Gojo laughed lightly "Listen to me Megumi, my goal to be a teacher here... is to not let anyone fall behind" he smiled "And she, was left behind when she was young, well, she left the school, but now since she's back, I don't want to let her be left behind" he ruffled Megumi's hair 

"tch, that's not all, is it? why are you so concerned about her social life? you were the one who told us to make her come with us, to every single place we go" he said, his patience gradually lessening the more he talked with this blindfolded man

"don't you like to hang out with her?" Gojo asked, twisting the question a little with a smile

"We do, she's fun to hang around, we do enjoy hanging out with her... I am asking why you are worried about her"

"she's a little silent type, right? when you are alone in a place like this, you might go full crazy mode, I'm not saying people here aren't crazy, everyone is crazy, but I mean crazy in a bad way" The way he said this was so annoying, but... what he said was also true, he didn't want to lose anyone again. especially not someone who laughed with him like Suguru.

"forget I asked, I feel like I'm going crazy when talking with you" the boy sighed in annoyance "I'm going" he added before leaving the white-haired man standing there, blankly staring at the end of the hallway... why indeed? why was he caring about her? it was true, that he had said to the first years to always take you around so that you would enjoy little moments in life, make memories and have fun, why was he caring about her mental health? 'as a senior, I should' was the answer he made up at last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"okay mom" you were on the phone, with your mother, who was still in the US... 

"wear something good before meeting him, you are not going to the KFC, okay? it's a fine restaurant, so wear accordingly" you mother had set up a blind date for you, and was lecturing about you on how to catch a guy's heart, you weren't very interested, so you put on loud speaker and was cleaning your dorm room.

"no, i don't believe you, just send me a picture of you before going to the restaurant... take a picture with your date too, so i will know that you didn't pull up a trick somewhere" she said.

you answered with 'mm's' and 'ah's'

but this time you were more frustrated "mom? why can't you trust me?"

"i trust you, but not at love related stuff, you are dumb and slow as a koala in love"

"Koalas are cute" you commented.

"you little-" you mom said through gritted teeth

"right, right, okay, i promise to send you pictures" you said with a soft smile. "tell me why you are fixated on the idea of me being in a relationship?"

"i don't want you to die alone, at least having a boy by your side means that you are safe... and since i am not there with you, it'll be less lonely there"

you felt happy about how your mother was worrying about you, even though you are a grown up, she still wants to assure your safety.