Chapter 2

walking on the usual road, which led to the Jujutsu high... with Gojo Satoru who was your senior was more silent than you thought it would be, unless for the occasional questions from him...

"so, How was the USA?" he asked.

"it was alright" you replied, looking around, trying to recollect the memories back from your old school

"That's a vague answer, but it's okay... what did you do there?" he questioned, almost as if he wanted to keep the conversation going. "surely, there were no sorcery schools there" he added with a smirk.

"I... studied in a university" You were totally not interested in giving him every information about your life in the USA.

"What did you study?" he asked, making you wonder when you'll get close to your destination to get away from all his questioning.

"Art" giving one-word answers was your specialty, which was the sole reason you were always alone. with no friends or any lover.

he nodded in response, which made you relieved for a second thinking his annoying questions were over, but the other second he asked you again "Why are you so silent? Don't you like me?" he asked with a blank expression.

what kind of a question was that? Of course, you didn't like anyone, who invaded your personal space. which you loved so much, you were only comfortable talking with your mother and your sibling, and your best friend who was still in the USA.

you smiled, the sweet fake smile you put on every time you see and talk with people "I am not very sociable, you probably do know that, and I can't keep up with conversations" the same excuse, the same lame excuse you give to everyone who asks you unnecessary questions about your unsociable ass. 

He could sense, that your smile was fake... why though? was it the same for everyone? or was it specifically to him, because he was annoying? he knew that he was annoying, and enjoyed it when people got uncomfortable because of him.

he frowned and got closer to your face, too close "I'll have to fix that then since you are a precious junior"

"was" you corrected, taking a step back again "and I don't think it would be easy, my best friend tried it and became quite like me"

he laughed loudly "Your best friend did? Is your best friend in the USA?" he asked with a smile.

"yeah," you replied.

"Don't worry, I won't change... I'll change you... at least, I'll change the way you are for me" he smirked. "I'll make sure you get comfortable around me, you need a best friend in Japan too y'know?"

"I have one though" you replied, making his smirk a frown. 

"Who is that lucky person?" he asked.

"Nanami" you replied, he was the only person in your age group, and you two were friends since you were high school students. 

"Oh, he doesn't match you" he replied casually "You know? opposites are the best together"

you couldn't deny it, it was the same with your best friend in the USA, so you just stayed silent.

Gojo started walking again, you tagging along next to him, the leaves crunching every time you two took a step, he was silent again... he was wondering why you weren't asking him about the things that happened in the school when you were gone, what happened to Geto Suguru, maybe Nanami had told you everything, maybe you weren't asking because you thought it might make him uncomfortable.

Which was true, you didn't want to make him uncomfortable, and most of all, you felt guilty for not being there for your school when it needed you...

"here we are," he said while gesturing for you to go into the Tatami room.