XVIII

*:・゚✧*:・゚Tobio *:・゚✧*:・゚

Sana was at nationals. She was at nationals and he was stuck at a training camp in the same city as her but he wasn't allowed to leave. The coach apologised to him but ultimately said that no one was allowed to walk off Nekoma grounds or else he'd be 'in deep shit with the principal.'

In an attempt to calm him down, Daichi sweet-talked the Nekoma coach into allowing them to watch the ballet nationals on the school's projector so they could all still support her despite not being able to go. Kageyama thanked him and helped him set up which only attracted the attention of the Nekoma and Fukurodani teams who decided they wanted to watch too despite not knowing Sana or anything about ballet.

Kageyama sent her a text to let her know that he was watching live and settled back into his seat. he knew she probably wouldn't see it but he did it anyway just in case. It only took about 20 minutes for Sana's name to be called up for her solo performance and tobio couldn't help but let a small smile slip.

"Is she the one we're rooting for?" Kuro asked from behind him and Daichi answered for him.

"Yeah, she's my sister's best friend and Kageyama's soulmate," Daichi explained with a smile, shushing everyone once the music started playing.

Kageyama didn't blink as he observed every graceful move she made, every sassy smile she flashed the judges, and how her black costume glittered under the stage light. His heart raced as the music picked up towards the end of her two-minute set and his eyes followed her across the screen as she jumped and twirled. Sana smiled when the crowd started screaming and Kageyama almost laughed after hearing Yoko and Sato cheering loudly over the speakers.

He may have been biased, but Sana was definitely the best dancer out of the ones they'd seen so far.

"Did you hear Yoko shouting or am I going crazy?" Daichi asked.

"I heard her too," Kageyama said.

"I didn't even know she was going." Daichi clicked his tongue.

It took an hour for the solos to finish and the duets to start, and the boys ended up practising volleyball in between, not really caring for anyone else in the competition other than Sana. they quickly packed away the balls they'd gotten out and rushed back over to the projector. Kageyama skidded to a stop in front of his chair and Hinata ended up sitting next to him this time, almost bursting at the seams with excitement. Hinata couldn't wait to see the judge's reactions to the fouettés.

"up next from the Miyagi prefecture, we have Koizumi sana and Kimura Dai dancing Swan Lake Coda Pas De Deux in Act III!" The boys all quietened down at the announcement and flicked their attention back to the screen.

Sana wasn't on stage for the first 30 seconds and they watched Dai leap around the stage, gaining impressive heights that some of the boys from the other teams commented on, but when Sana did come on, she took centre stage and commanded everyone's attention as she began her 32 fouettés. Both Kageyama and Hinata tensed, leaning forward to get a closer look. she looked smug as she finished her last turn and Hinata erupted into cheers at the same time as the audience at the venue.

"She did it! She did the fouettés!" Hinata yelled.

"Shut up Hinata, she pulled off the fouettés every time you watched her practice too." Tsukishima scolded.

Sana and Dai finished their dance and posed for the judges before they walked off stage with giant smiles.

"Koizumi sana may be the youngest ballerina to pull off Odile's 32 fouettés at 15 years old! And so perfectly too, we might have a world record on our hands folks!" A man called over the speakers and the audience roared harder. Kageyama couldn't hold back his grin this time, he didn't even scold Hinata for shouting in his ear.

"A world record?" Bokuto thundered, getting hyped up from the idea of witnessing something like a world record, even if he didn't know what record she broke.

"The judges look impressed, that's a good sign." Sugawara smiled.

"Well yeah, they just watched a 15-year-old girl pull off something that even principal dancers struggle with, they're bound to be impressed." Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

"How do you know so much about ballet, Tsukishima?" Hinata yelled. The taller boy grimaced and didn't bother answering.

*:・゚✧*:・゚Tobio *:・゚✧*:・

She'd won nationals and the Karasuno team yelled and cheered so hard that the coaches came running to see what was going on. They all watched as Sana took her place on top of the podium twice, because not only had she won for her solo, but she and Dai had won for pas de deux too. She was going to internationals.

He received a Facetime call from Sato half an hour later and he answered without hesitation, demanding to see Sana.

"Well hello to you too," Sato rolled his eyes but he flipped the camera to where Sana was sitting. "She's in shock, she's been sitting there like a statue since she walked off stage." Sato suppressed a laugh. Yoko sat next to Sana, with Dai on the other side of her, looking just as shocked as Sana did.

"Oi Yoko! you didn't tell me you were in Tokyo!" Daichi called over Kageyama's shoulder. Yoko startled and looked up at the phone.

"Mom knows!" she answered, successfully breaking Sana out of her stupor.

"Is that Tobio?" she asked, both gold medals still hanging loosely around her neck, the large bouquet of flowers she received by her feet.

"Yeah, take the phone." Sato shoved the device into her hands.

"You won nationals," Tobio smiled. Sana matched his expression.

"I did, didn't I."