IX

*:・゚✧*:・゚Tobio *:・゚✧*:・゚

He lingered to see if Sana would come to his classroom the next day. He patiently waited at his desk despite the protests of his grumbling stomach. But then ten minutes went by and Kageyama couldn't take it anymore. He strode towards the courtyard to get his daily milk, glancing into class 1-4 to see if she was in there first—she wasn't.

He let out a barely audible sigh and carried on towards the vending machine. He inserted his coins and pressed the number for his favourite brand of milk, contemplating whether or not to get something for Sana since she got him one yesterday. His milk dropped to the bottom of the machine and Kageyama bent down to retrieve it. His head snapped up when he heard Sato's deep, teasing voice and he hurriedly grabbed his carton, chasing after the voice, expecting to see Sana by his side like she usually was, but was thoroughly disappointed when he rounded the corner to see Sato with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima.

Sato spotted him before he fully made his way to them, waving him over. "Kageyama! We're going to watch Sana practice her routine for her ballet comp if you want to come!" Sato threw him a sly wink, one that Yamaguchi and Tsukishima didn't see.

Kageyama nodded, following behind the three boys silently, sipping his milk as they made their way to the small dance studio. "Sana's mad because the studio isn't big enough for her to practice the full routine. She needs to use the whole stage but the dance studio is sooo cramped."

"Aren't you guys in dance club?" Yamaguchi asked.

"There is no dance club at this school. We just have permission to use the studio. We go to an evening dance school on weekdays though."

"You said Sana is training for a competition, why aren't you?" Tsukishima questioned curiously.

"It's ballet. Sana is the only one in our entire year that qualified because she's the only one that's good enough. It's nationals, not just anyone can go, and Sana is one of the best. So good that our dad tried to steal her away to Paris to go to some fancy full-time dance school."

"You don't like ballet?" Yamaguchi asked. Kageyama was listening intently, finding out every fact he could about his soulmate.

"Eh, it's okay but I prefer hip hop, it's more fun and you don't need to diet so much." Sato answered as the approached the door to the dance studio, muffled classical music playing.

The four of them stepped inside and moved to the side, their backs firmly against the wall as they tried to take up as little space as possible.

Kageyama watched in awe as his soulmate pirouetted and jumped elegantly and effortlessly in time to the music, her school skirt fanning out to reveal the Nike pro spandex she had underneath. He'd never noticed how muscular the legs of ballerinas were until he saw one up close on pointe. She had a tambourine in her hand that she hit against different parts of her body multiple times during her performance.

She grumbled as she came off pointe, though Kageyama couldn't hear what she was saying, he was too preoccupied with admiring her dance. He never knew he would enjoy ballet so much before he watched her.

"You're doing Esmeralda? won't a lot of girls be entering with that one?" Sato frowned.

"That was a warm-up." Sana smiled sassily, rolling her ankles to check how secure her shoes were.

"you did Esmeralda as a warm-up? you're a psychopath."

"that dance is easy."

"Clearly you haven't seen as many girls mess it up as I have." sato guffawed.

"Have you ever broken a toe going up on pointe like that?" Yamaguchi asked, his jaw on the floor.

"Only twice when I first upgraded to pointe... and it wasn't the big toe so it was insignificant. Most ballerina's feet are mangled though."

"It's true, you will never see more bruised feet and missing toenails than you will in a ballet studio," Sato shivered in disgust. "If you're not dancing Esmeralda, what are you dancing?"

Sana smirked, her green eyes sparkling with passion. "Swan Lake, Odile Variation for solo and Black Swan Act III in pas de deux."

"Sana that dance has 32 fouettés in one scene... and no one else from our year in school qualified how did you manage to enter for pas de deux?" Sato said, his brow furrowed.

"I'm going for gold, I have to impress the judges with the difficult moves. Kimura Dai from the year above us qualified, we're dancing together as per Madame Tomoya's orders." Her smile was dazzling as she began to stretch her legs, preparing to dance again. "No more talking, I have 32 fouettés to pull off."