XV

*:・゚✧*:・゚Tobio *:・゚✧*:・゚

Tobio arrived at the town square ten minutes early on Saturday, excited to see his soulmate despite seeing her in school every day and after school at least 4 times a week, turning up at her house to spend time with her.

Sana was already there, helping set up cameras and chalking marks onto the concrete for them to use as space references when they began filming. Tobio really liked her outfit today. She was wearing baggy black ripped jeans with an English word written in white across the ass, a cropped, sleeveless black turtleneck and platform doc martins. Her hair was slicked back and held with a claw clip and her makeup was dark and smoky. Sato wore the same outfit and makeup with his hair waved and framing his forehead.

Daichi and Suga were there too, supporting Yoko who wore baggy blue jeans with the button undone and Nike pros underneath. Her shirt was a cropped, neon blue crew neck t-shirt with a white star in the centre.

Tobio waved to Sana, who smiled and came bounding over, clomping him into a warm hug. Tobio blushed at the PDA but secured his arms around her waist anyway, glancing over his girlfriend's shoulders to see if the third years noticed—it wasn't that he didn't want people to know, he just didn't want to be teased.

"You look pretty," he whispered, pressing a light kiss to the side of her head and running his hands up her sides. "I like this outfit."

Sana's eyes twinkled at the compliment. "Thank you." She returned his affection with a sneaky kiss to his lips, glancing around beforehand to check no one was watching. Tobio's blush deepened and he found himself wishing time would pass faster so he could get her alone and be as open with his affection as he wanted.

"Sana!" Sato called from a few feet away where he was setting up the speaker. "Come and stretch, we start filming in 20 and we need to rehearse once before!"

Tobio reluctantly released his grip and Sana bid him a quiet goodbye before she rushed back over to her brother and Yoko, who was clumsily copying the stretches, almost falling in her platform boots.

Tobio tore his eyes away from Sana for the first time since he arrived and walked slowly over to his teammates, greeting them quietly. He began to wonder where Hinata was, and if he'd forgotten.

"Dating Sana are you?" Suga waggled his eyebrows, his eyes flicking between Tobio's face and watching Sana assist Yoko in keeping her balance.

Tobio nodded shyly. "Soulmates."

Both Suga and Daichi did a double take, their eyes the size of saucers.

"No way... this early in life?" Suga asked after he picked his jaw up off the floor. "It's so rare to meet a soulmate this early!"

"Don't you dare hurt her, she's been Yoko's best friend since middle school and my sister will have your head on a platter if you do anything bad," Daichi warned him. Tobio paled. He knew Daichi was scary when he needed to be, but he didn't know that ability ran in the family.

"Why would Kageyama hurt Sana?" Hinata questioned, appearing out of thin air. Tobio almost jumped out of his skin.

"None of your business."

*:・゚✧*:・゚Sana *:・゚✧*:・゚

Sana was excited to start filming. She loved Yoko's song and she loved the choreography Sato had come up with, it matched perfectly to the music and he'd even found a few ways to make it easier for Yoko, though the latter had insisted she didn't need it to be 'dumbed down'.

The song was sung completely in English because over half of Yoko's subscribers were overseas and she wanted to keep their engagement, but she was working on translating and recording the song in Japanese as her next project. The song title was 'LEFT RIGHT' and Sana thought it embodied Yoko completely. Her best friend has poured every ounce of her personality into creating the lyrics and beat and Sato had paired it with the perfect choreography.

"Ready for rehearsal?" Sato questioned, stretching his arms above his head. He sucked in a breath through his teeth when he spotted someone approaching the volleyball team. "Tsukishima's here, are you okay with that Yoko?"

"Yeah! I invited him and Yamaguchi along. we're out of our arguing phase now." Yoko waved a dismissive hand and Sato shrugged.

"Who's gonna be on the camera?" Sana queried. She dropped down into a split to stretch, carefully so as to not scuff her shoes on the concrete, and leaned forward, laying her torso on top of the leg in front of her.

"Daichi. I've been training him on how to move the camera in time with our moves for a week." Yoko laughed out a reply. her smile faulted and she turned to the ballerina, crouching down beside her and whispering. "Sana I need to speak to you, I've been meaning to for weeks now but I can't figure out how."

"What's wrong? Is it something bad?" Sana's face turned serious.

"Not necessarily?" Yoko sounded unsure of herself as she lowered her voice further so Sato wouldn't overhear. "I know who my soulmate is."

Sana choked on air. "No fucking way."

"Yes fucking way." Yoko nodded.

"Who?" Sana asked, her eyes wide.

Yoko looked around and then edged closer, her mouth right by Sana's ear. "Tsukishima."

Sana looked even more shocked than she had been before. the odds of them both finding their soulmates in the same period of time was unlikely in itself but also from the same school?

"But you hate him!" Sana hissed, eyes darting to the blonde who was already looking in their direction.

"I never hated him, I was angry at him because he knew we were soulmates but he was mean to me instead of trying to get to know me, but everything is fine now," Yoko explained.

"But if he's mean to you, is that really the type of person you want to be with?"

Yoko contemplated Sana's words for a second. "I don't know... I'll get to know him first and figure it out from there."

Sana nodded and stood up, Yoko mirrored her movements. "I've got something to tell you too..." Sana said quietly, Yoko raised a curious eyebrow. "I'm dating my soulmate."

Yoko gasped dramatically. "Who?"

"Tobio."

"Oh my god, no wonder you've been hanging around him so much!" Yoko laughed, trying to keep her voice down. "Everything makes sense now."

"I can't believe we both found our soulmates this year..." Sana gaped at the absurdity.

"I know, and we're best friends and they can't stand each other."

"Family events are gonna be interesting..."

"More than interesting, they're gonna be carnage." Yoko snickered.

—/<3/—

'LEFT RIGHT' is an actual song by XG. They're an amazing group and the choreo i'm talking abt in this chapter is the same choreo they use! go listen to their music bc omg all the songs are so addictive.