Chapter 46: The Fox and The Snow

~.~.~Parts 97-100~.~.~
•Y/n's POV•

The days passed and it was my last full moon of the term, the sun shone brightly over the sky, snow was settled on the grass, and the Great Lake had begun to freeze over. The winter breeze flowed through the open window of my dorm room and sent a chill throughout the room, perfect conditions to snuggle in bed under my duvet.

Fred and George spent their morning running a rampage through the school, mainly pulling pranks on Filch, Umbridge, and Snape and came back that afternoon with food and snacks so we can relax before the evening.

"You didn't have to do this for me." I smiled at them, "I am perfectly able to walk to the great hall for lunch."

"You look so relaxed, and snuggly, we didn't want to disturb it." Fred said, coming in and giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"What do you want to do this afternoon?" George asked the two of us.

"I was thinking we could go on a walk down to the lake, I like the sound of snow." I replied happily.

"That sounds great! Let's eat lunch and go on a nice walk!" Fred replied, dumping the food on my bed.

The three of us ate and happily chatted and after we finished I climbed out of bed and made my bed. I went to my wardrobe to grab some warm clothes, I grabbed a pair of jeans and one of many of Fred's jumpers that mysteriously ended up in my wardrobe, I changed in the bathroom and came back out to put on my boots along with my hat, scarf, and gloves.

"Don't forget your coat, my love." Fred said, handing me the coat that was hanging next to my door, I sighed and put it on without question.

The three of us walked out of my dorm room and quickly walked down the stairs, into the common room, it was warm and cozy and the fire was blazing wildly. The corridors were empty and deserted and had a cold breeze running through them.

We stepped outside and the air immediately hit my face, snow was falling from the sky and the wind blew my hair in all directions. It was beautiful outside. As we walked down the hill, the sound of snow crunched underneath my feet, we walked around the grounds of the castle and it felt nice to breathe in the crisp afternoon air and it filled my lungs. The twins and I were out for about 2 hours before we headed back to the castle.

The common room was sparse, only a few first and second-years were dotted around the tables working on homework together, the three of us sat on the sofas in front of the blazing fire, crackling and glowing bright colours of red and oranges.

The afternoon passed and evening soon came, the three of us walked down for dinner and I made sure to stay unnoticed by the rest of the students in the great hall that evening. After dinner, the twins and I met Madam Pomfrey who led us down toward the shrieking shack.

"How are you feeling dear?" She asked me, walking down the passageway towards the wooden shack.

"I feel okay, I guess." I nervously said, taking a large gulp, trying to stop the nerves fluttering in my stomach

"As you know, I will be there at the crack of dawn to come and get you, and you have the twins to help you out too." She said comfortingly, putting a hand on my shoulder and giving me a small smile.

As we reached the shrieking shack, the twins and I stepped in and we said our goodnights to Madam Pomfrey, she closed the trapdoor and heard the sound of the lock. I gave the twins a small smile and made our way upstairs and sat on the floor for a little.

"Alright, we're ready." George said gloomily, a sad expression on his face, I matched his expression.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked, sitting at my side, and pulling me into his chest.