Chapter 14: The First Task

Y/n's POV:
The weeks rolled by quickly. October soon turned into November and it felt like it too. The temperature had dropped and it became cold quickly meaning I can dress up warm and hide the scars on my arms.

Today was the day of the first task and the atmosphere was high. Classes ended at midday so there is enough time for us to get ready and go down to the quidditch pitch which was made a temporary arena.

I got back to the common room after potions, I changed out of my robes and into jeans with a jumper and my woolly hat. The perk of having my own dorm is that I don't have to worry about a dormmate waking in on me changing. I can simply lock the door and change in peace. I grabbed my coat and made my way out to my dorm. I walked down the steps when I realised I forgot to change out of my school shoes, I ran back up to my dorm to grab my boots. I leaned over to change my shoes and placed my school shoes under my bed. When I glanced up, my eyes met the calendar that dad made me. I looked at the date and saw that I transform tomorrow. A pit fell in my stomach at the realisation. How am I going to tell the twins that.

I shook the thought out of my head and went back down the steps to the common room. The twins were sat on the sofa waiting for me. They both had a tray for them to place their bets, the common room was filling up with students arriving back from their class and them going back up to their dorms. Me and the twins walked out of the common room and down the crowded corridors and out of the castle, the fresh breeze hitting my face and it sent shivers down my spine. The three of us walked down the hill and towards the quidditch pitch.

It had changed dramatically since I last saw it. The hoops and grass were no longer there, the stands now rose diagonally from the pitch with a taupe coving one small section that would be for the teachers. The stands were slowly filling with people, cheers and screams could be heard already from the crowds.

"Can you get us seats Y/n?" Fred asked.

"We need to make bets." George added.

"Of course I can. I'll try to get the middle but you'll probably see me." I said pointing at my scars.

"Y/n their not noticeable right now." Fred said giving a supporting hug.

"Okay. I'll see you later." I said. Me and the twins went different directions. I walked up the steps to the middle of the stands before finding three seats together. I sprawled out along the seats to save them for the twins. I saw the stands gradually fill with excited students red or yellow for the colours of the Durmstrang or Bauxbatons uniform.

"Taking bets! Taking bets here!" Fred called out from a few seats above me.

"Any bets!" George called from a few seats below me. I smiled at their protests to make bets.

After what felt like for ever, both the twins arrived at my seats I had saved. I was saved at last, I received weird stares of people below me. I lowered my head because I knew they were staring at the scars across my face. Fred and George sat either side of me and both held by hand supportingly. Since I've told them they have been supportive and being sightly over protective of me.

We sat there for a while before the voice of Ludo Bagman boomed through the stadium.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the first task of the triwizard tournament." Boomed Ludo. "Today our champions will retrieve a golden egg. To get this, each champion will get past a dragon"

At that moment the stands has erupted in whispers about the description of the task. I had stayed silent with my head hung low, looking at my feet. When I looked up I saw a dragon being pulled in by dragon tamers. It was chained to a metal loop and waited for the first champion to come out. The stadium had gone silent with anticipation. The silence lasted for a minute before the stadium erupted in cheers as the first champion entered the arena.