Chapter 27: The Final Task

Y/n's POV:
Parts 50-52

Finally out of the hospital wing, I had been stuck in there for three days. Fred never left my side, holding my hand or playing with my hair. We walked out of the hospital wing holding hands.

The sound of our feet hitting the cold corridor floors filled our ears, before the spattering sound of rain became audible. We stepped out in the courtyard and I let my hand slip from Fred's and ran to lay in the rain, gesturing for him to lay next to me.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Fred asked, laying next to me in the rain.

"I love you!" I yelled. "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!"

"I love you more Y/n!" Fred smiled, taking my hand and gripping it tightly.

"That's impossible." I said with a wide smile.

Me and Fred laid in rain for about 20 minutes, talking and laughing whilst getting soaked through and through. We would have laid for a while longer if he hasn't noticed me shiver.

"Your cold love." Fred said, picking me up off the floor.

"Maybe a little." I said "Freddie please put me down, I can walk."

"It's too late now, I've already got you." Fred said, walking us into the warm corridors and up towards the common room.

We eventually walked into the common room and I was immediately hit with dozens of nasty stares from people on the common room. I put my head down in embarrassing as I felt Fred speeds up his walking, going up the stairs towards his and George's dorm.

He opened his door and placed me down on his bed. A singular warm tear fell from my eye.

"Don't let them get to you Y/n, your beautiful and perfect." Fred whispered, wiping the tear from my cheek.

"Thank you Freddie." I said with a small smile.

"Here, change into these." Fred smiled, giving me a pair of jogging bottoms and one of his jumpers.

I smiled and walked into the bathroom to take off my wet clothes to put on Fred's warm clothes which I snuggled into the clothes, taking in his gunpowder and vanilla scent that was ridden in his clothes.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Fred smiling at me, I felt heat rise in my cheeks. I walked over to him and was taken into a large hug.

"My clothes suit you really well love." Fred said with a warm smile.

"Their really warm and comfortable." I said climbing into bed with Fred. "Goodnight Freddie."

"Goodnight my love." Fred whispered in my ear.

He wrapped his long arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest and felt my eyelids go heavy and gently close, falling asleep to Fred whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

The next morning came quicker than I thought, my eyes opened to see Fred playing gently with my hair, wrapping it around his fingers, gently plaiting it.

"Morning Freddie." I groaned with a warm smile looking into Fred's hazel eyes.

"Good morning love, how are you?" Fred whispered as he still played with my hair.

"I'm good but still tired. Are you excited for the final task today?" I asked, snuggling myself further into Fred's chest.

"I'm excited, you?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited." I said, digging my head into his chest.

The morning was spent in bed, Fred playing playing with my hair, lightly plaiting it for the task. But the afternoon soon rolled around and we began to get ready. I wore a red jumper with jeans. I painted 'Potter' onto Fred's forehead and George's cheeks.