Call of the Cutie

A school bell rings signaling for class. Many ponies are chattering. You can see all of them has a cutie mark. All except Apple Bloom. Wolfie is there as well. This is her first day.

Cheerilee: Let's quiet down please. We have a very important lesson to get to. [class quiets down] Thank you. Be fore we start, we have a new student. This is Wolfie. Wolfie you can go to sit at my desk until we get you one.

The foals are surprised to see that a filly as young as Wolfie has a cutie mark.

Cheerilee: Today we are going to be talking about cutie marks.

Diamond Tiara: Bo-ring. [sigh]

AppleBloom picks up a pencil.

Cheerilee: You can all see my cutie mark, can't you? Like all ponies, I wasn't born with a cutie mark. My flank was blank.

Twist: Aww...! She's so precious!

Cheerilee: Then one day, when I was about your age, I woke up to find that a cutie mark had appeared.

Ms Cheerilee moves a picture to show her cutie mark.

Student: Look at her hair!

All the fillies and colts laugh except Applebloom and Wolfie.

Cheerilee: Yes I know, but honestly, that's how everypony was wearing their mane back then. I had decided to become a teacher, and the flowers symbolized my hope that I could help my future students bloom if I nurture them with knowledge.

Applebloom writes something on her paper.

Cheerilee: The smiles represented the cheer I hope to bring to my little ponies while they were learning. Now, can anyone tell me when a pony gets his or her cutie mark?

Twist: Oh! Oh! Oh! When she discovers that certain something that makes her special!

Cheerilee: That's right, Twist. A cutie mark appears on a pony's flank when he or she finds that certain something that makes them different from every other pony. Discovering what makes you unique isn't something

Applebloom write more notes when the pony next to her calls her.

Diamond Tiara: Pssst!

Cheerilee: That happens overnight, and no amount of hoping, wishing,

Diamond Tiara: Pssst!

Cheerilee: Or begging, would make a cutie mark appear before its time.

Diamond Tiara: Pssst!

Apple Bloom: What?!

She signals Apple Bloom to give the pony to her right a note. Apple Bloom goes to grab it but gets caught.

Cheerilee: Apple Bloom! Are you passing a note?

Apple Bloom: Uh, I... Um...

Cheerilee: What could be so important that it couldn't wait until after class? [gasp] It's blank.

Diamond Tiara: [laughter] Remind you of anypony?

The students start laughing and whispering. Someone even says;

Student: Even the new girl has a cutie mark and she's younger than all of us.

Wolfie: Looks up from hearing that and frowns.

Insert Theme Song

The school bell rings signaling school let out. Ponies run out all talking with their friends. Applebloom walks out sadly with her friend Twist.