Chapter 18

I made it home with no problems and Charlie was there when I walked in the door.

"How was work,Trina?" Charlie asked me.

I cleared my throat. "Uh, it was good."

"I heard an interesting rumor at work today." He said, making me stop in my tracks. What had he heard?

"What was that?" I asked him quickly, trying to hide my worry.

"Mrs. Stanley said that you have yourself a new boyfriend." He replied and I just smiled at him, ready to tell him anyway.

"I do, but it's not exactly a new thing," I told him nervously.

"It's Embry, isn't it? Tiffany's son? The one you came over to Harry's with?" He questioned and I nodded my head. "I could tell there was more going on there. He seemed like a nice kid."

"He really is, Dad," I replied happily.

"Are you – is it the, uh, serious type of relationship?" He asked, not exactly knowing how to word it.

I just laughed lightly and nodded. "Yeah, you could definitely say it is. I love him, Dad." Silently adding that I loved Quil as well.

"Right. Well – how old is he?" He asked me curiously.

"He's 17 and he's graduating this year too," I told him honestly.

"Sounds like a much better option than that Edwin kid, at least. Just – just as long as you make sure you, you know, use protection... Don't need any grandkids any time soon."

I about choked on the water I had been drinking.

"Uh, yeah, Dad. We're covered." I told him embarrassingly.

He turned a bit red too and I could tell it was an uncomfortable conversation for him as well. "You tell him that I want to talk to him soon."

"You're going to give him the 'intentions' talk, aren't you?" I asked, groaning.

"I wouldn't be a good father if I didn't." He smiled up at me as I rubbed my hand down my face.

"On that note, I'm going to go to bed. I've had a long day. Night, Dad." I said, getting out of that awkward situation as fast as I could.

I walked up to my bedroom and laid on my bed. I felt the ache in my chest associated with my imprints being so far away. I decided that I just wanted to go to sleep, hoping that the night would be over sooner that way.

I was wrong. The night drug on like it was never-ending. Every time I tried to sleep, the pain in my chest worsened.

My bed felt cold. I was cold and couldn't seem to get warm. I felt like I needed at least one of my imprints with me.

I glanced over at the clock. 2am.

Out of nowhere, I felt the pain in my chest lessen and within moments, someone was jumping into my window.

I sat up immediately and sighed, seeing that it was Quil.

He walked over to my bed and I scooted over to give him space.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him quietly.

"Neither of us could sleep with you being so far away. Embry practically forced me out of the house even though you asked for me to stay there with him. If I hadn't come, then he would have himself. Not that I didn't want an excuse to come see you anyway." He told me, leaning over to kiss me.

"I couldn't sleep either. How is Em?" I asked him quickly.

"His skin is pretty much stitched up, but he's got some nasty scars. He kept saying that he didn't need me there, but you needed me here." He told me as I snuggled into his chest.