Chapter 7

Quil turned to the sink and I motioned to Embry to watch this as I walked up next to Quil. He turned to look at me and I made him lean down so that I could whisper in his ear.

"And if you ever expect me to sleep in your room, it should probably be clean first." I whispered, immediately making him go red in the face while Embry laughed from behind us.

"Bro, she's good. I think I need to go clean—"

"Dishes first." I cut him off with a laugh.

"Please tell me you meant what you said?" He nearly begged as he turned the water on.

"I guess we'll just have to see now won't we?" I responded. He just bit his lip and started to do the dishes. I helped him dry them and Embry put them away.

"Alright, dishes are done. Let's all head up to my room so that I can get that done too while we talk." Quil said anxiously. I laughed as I turned to Embry.

"Is that all it takes to make a teenager do his chores?" I asked Embry quietly.

"You have no idea, Trina." Embry replied.

We followed him upstairs to his bedroom and both Embry and I sat on his bed while he began to pick up the clothes off his floor.

"So what are we going to do about Jacob?" I asked them both.

"Well he wasn't phased in when I was a little bit ago. Oh by the way, Em, Sam wanted me to tell you that your patrol is 7-10 tonight." Quil told him.

"When's yours?" Embry asked him.

"Not 'til tomorrow after school." Quil responded.

"Back to Jake." I muttered, knowing they were both trying to put it off.

"Sam is going to rescind the alpha order blocking us from showing him in the pack mind. I say we all three phase in and the both of us show him what happened." Embry suggested.

"Sounds good to me. He might try to take a chunk out of our asses though." Quil told him.

"I want to talk to him too." I told them both adamantly.

They both stopped and looked over at me.

"Trina, Jake will be mad enough to phase on the spot. We don't want to risk you getting hurt like Emily." Embry told me with Quil agreeing.

"Then I'll stand plenty far enough away. Or I can just talk to him while he's already a wolf. He doesn't scare me. None of you do." I told them but they still looked at me apprehensively. "Honestly guys, you can both stand there with me as humans, wolves, one phased, one not, I don't care. I'm talking to Jacob."

"Alright." Embry said, completely surprising me.

"Alright?" I questioned, not sure if I heard him right. Quil responded first.

"We told you that we would never try to control you. Obviously that doesn't mean that we won't have our own opinions on things, but we'll go with whatever you decide, as long as it doesn't somehow result in your death. That shit won't fly." Quil explained to me.

I was speechless. I knew they'd said that they would never control me, but it was different to actually be able to make a questionable decision on my own. I felt like a fog lifted from me and I was able to finally breathe again.

Then I realized that Alice had controlled me too. She wouldn't let me wear anything I owned or even liked. She'd picked out everything for my wedding. I didn't even have a say in it. And Edward had let her. Come to think about it, Alice most likely saw my future change unless I stayed with Edward, so therefore she'd been an accomplice as well.