Chapter 6

Embry's POV

"Do you want to keep talking or do you want to just hang out for a little while and relax?" Quil asked her. I knew she definitely needed it and he must've known too.

"Relaxing would be nice. I should call Charlie and see what time I need to be home first though." She muttered before taking her cell out of her pocket and walking to the front door.

As soon as she was outside on the phone, Quil looked at me.

"Dude, how is this not freaking weird as hell? It should be, right? Like am I going crazy because I don't feel like anything is wrong or what?" Quil asked me.

"Trust me, I get it. It's not weird for me either when I know it should be. You're my best friend, bro. I think we can handle having the same imprint.
Trina seemed okay with it too." I replied.

"But what if it goes further—"

"Then we cross that bridge when we come to it. Everything is at her pace." I continued.

"What about Cullen?" He asked me quietly.

"I'll show you the conversation I had with Trina earlier in the woods about it. I feel like there's more to it, but we can't push her." I told him.

Before he could respond, Trina was walking back in.

"Charlie is staying over at Billy's tonight. He said I could stay over at Jake's with them—" both of us growled, "—but I told him that I'd see if I could stay with Emily instead."

"So you're staying on the res?" Quil asked her excitedly. My wolf was jumping up and down. I hadn't had a full night actually on the res since I'd imprinted on Trina.

"Of course. Now that I actually know it's hard on the both of you for me to live so far away, I told you I'd try to be down here as much as I can." She told us. "Now do either of you know Emily's number?"

"Oh thank the gods." Quil said, releasing a breath.

I gave her Emily's number and she called. I knew Emily would be more than happy to say yes, and she did.

We legit just hung out for a while, talking and joking like nothing had changed. It was nice, seeing Bella happy like that, especially when it was us that were the source of her happiness.

Quil eventually put a movie in at Trina's insistence and she sat curled up in between us as we watched it. About half-way through the movie, she fell asleep resting her head on my shoulder.

"Should we wake her up?" Quil asked me, too low for it to wake Trina up.

"She's had a long day, bro. Let her rest until your mom gets home, then we can take her over to Emily's." I replied to him and he nodded.

Quil's mom, Joy, got home a few minutes after 10pm. When she walked in, she immediately noticed Trina asleep with us on the couch and Quil got up to go talk with her in the kitchen while I listened in.

"I didn't know you were having friends over." Joy said to him quietly. "Who is that in there with Embry?"

"It's Trina Swan, mom." Quil told her happily. "I imprinted on her."

"Oh honey, that's wonderful!" She replied excitedly. "But if you imprinted on her then why is she lying on Embry?" I chuckled.

"Uh, because he kind of imprinted on her too?" Quil replied to her.

"He imprinted on your imprint?" Joy asked, confused.

"More like I imprinted on his imprint. He imprinted on Trina about a month back, before I even phased. I just imprinted on her today." Quil told her nervously.