Baby Marcus

Audrey's pov

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten

We all came out of hiding and yelled "surprise" as Eve and Ian walked in with a newborn.

Eve got startled, and Ian was unfazed as he knew about the surprise.

Two days ago, Andre thought it would be brilliant to plan his sisters baby shower along with his family as he said I should take my mind off of Adam.

Yes, I was that miserable! And I honestly feel a lot better right now.

I'm still heartbroken about Adam cheating on me like that, lying to me that he wants to build a life with me only for him to two time me. But Andre has been such a good friend. He nursed me that night, and the next day, he suggested I handle planning the baby shower with his family to avoid going deeper into the heartache rabbit hole.

Oh, and my Mom, Step-dad well as my twin brother, Tyler and older sister, Megan, are also here, and I'm content with that.

I haven't seen my family in so long.

Tyler has finally broken up with her on and off ex, and he's working on himself. He's got a whole new cut going on, and he even dresses differently.

I support this! He looks way better, and Megan has finally gotten into a stable and secure relationship while my Mom and step-dad are still as in love as the day they met.

My step dad will never replace my biological dad, but I love him and my siblings, and I consider him our Father. We call him 'Dad' and he's a light skinned skinny black man, and since Megan looks more like a light skinned black woman, people think he's her real father while Tyler and I are the step kids.

Crazy, I know! My step-dad can't have kids of his own. So we're his only kids, and he loves us as his own.

"So, Nicky is coming over," Andre casually said as he sat next to me.

Honestly, I don't care, but it kind of bugs me that she's coming to a family only event.

Annabella must've invited her.

"Oh really?" I asked as if I'm interested.

I'm not interested.

"Yeah, and she can't come, I mean not yet," he ran a hand over his face.

"Why can't she c-" my sentence got cut short as I heard loud giggles from a group I prayed to never encounter in my life.

I internally rolled my eyes so hard I felt a headache coming.

Ugh.

The mean girls are here. Susan, jayla, Kayla, Annabella, and Nicky, who just arrived and had been giving the girls hugs.

Nicky had worn a long blue tube dress that hugged her body and showed an almost visible baby bump.

Susan had her hair dyed red now, and she wore a white sundress, which was the same kayla's sundress.

Annabella wore a white off shoulder mid thigh dress, and jayla wore a blue off shoulder crop top and white shorts.

Before Andre and I knew it, Nicky made her way over to us.

She smiled coyly as she hugged Andre, then moved to hug me, making sure I felt her stomach.

Oh, I get it, woman!

"Hi baby," she said to Andre as she placed a hand over her stomach.

Andre had an emotion I couldn't decipher as he looked at Nicky's stomach.

I will admit that maybe I am a little jealous at what Nicky and Andre have.

They'll soon be a family while I become miserable after the divorce.

They'll be parents in a matter of months while I start my life from scratch since someone made empty promises.

I will never ever trust men. But I broke Adam's heart first. Could he be taking revenge on me?

I mean, I can't necessarily blame him for what happened. I didn't fight for our love back then, and he somewhat forgave me easily.

Some part of me thinks this was all a revenge scheme, but another part of me hopes it's what I think it is.

"What are you doing here, Nicky!?" Andre whisper-yelled.

Nicky looked taken aback at first, but then she masked it with a smirk.

"I'm here to let the family know, we're expecting," she shrugged.

Andre looked me as if expecting me to say something, but I literally got no words to say.

I'm tired as heck, I'm tired emotionally, physically, and mentally.

I don't want to involve myself in their relationship anymore. Andre did his part by uniting me with Adam, but since he and I didn't work out, I'm gonna let these two figure themselves out.

They need to prepare for the baby without me in the picture.

I looked away from Andre's eyes and walked off to Eve, who was breastfeeding baby 'Marcus' alone since Ian was chatting away with my brother by the pool.

I sat next to her, and she immediately smiled at me.

I have become fond of Evelyn. She's very kind and polite, and she is nothing like her two sisters.

"Thank you for all this, Mom told me you and Andre came up with this idea, and I love it. I've always wanted a baby shower or a gender reveal, and even though I could've planned it by myself, my family is always busy, and nobody ever takes me seriously. So thank you, really." Eve said, and I reached for hand and smiled softly at her.

"It's was mainly Andre's idea. He really loves you, and he wanted to welcome his nephew with style. You're welcome, Eve. we're family, and we'll always be available for you. Don't ever feel that you can't be vocal with us, ok?"

Eve shaked her head while sighing.

"You know, nobody ever hears me. I'm glad you've joined this family. You're good for my brother and not that stinking model." Eve said, and I giggled.

Am I really good for Andre?

If only Eve knew of what is about to come.

"She's pregnant! For you!" I heard my mother in law, Melissa's voice roar with anger.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched Andre bowed his head as he couldn't look at his mother in the eyes while Nicky looked so unbothered.

"What's going on!?" My father in law,Damon asked as he stood next to his wife who cried in her palms.

"Tell your father what you did Andre, I can not even face you." Melissa said, then walked back into her house.

Damon kept looking at Andre for an answer.

"Congratulations Mr.Hampton, you're gonna be a grandfather," Nicky said, then walked to her car.

________----_________----_________-----_________