77. Apologies

• DOMINIQUE •

"Bro, you gotta go get her," Axel tells me

"I don't gotta do shit. And why are you even here, brother?" His presence really is not necessary. "You live in your own flat, stay there."

"Burnnnnn!" Matteo yells, cupping his mouth with his hands.

"Shut up!" Both Axel and me yell at the same time.

Matt takes a step back, "why so aggressive, brothers?"

I flip the shit bag off.

"Consider my feelings hurt, boys." He retreats out of the room. Probably to go pester some sibling else.

As annoying and energetic as he is, i am so relieved he's getting his light back. He woudk r be him without it and gosh did the last lot of months scare us all.

Axel looks at me seriously, "go get her. We all want our sister back but she won't wanna be around any of us if she doesn't want to be around you."

I roll my eyes, "she needs to grow up, we're not all the same person."

"Bro," axel stresses. "You're the one that's got to grow up. Remember, there's two sides to ever story. What did you see? Five seconds of their interaction?"

"Five seconds too much. My eyes are bleeding at the sight of our mother." I pull on the skin beneath my eyes.

"How do you even know how she looks? You haven't seen her...what, since you were two or something?"

I shrug, "I remember faces."

"Oh c'mon, bro. Don't say such shit. You've been looking for haven't you?"

"No I have not, idiot." I say as if I would never do that.

He doesn't need to know that I fucked and broke her step daughters heart as revenge. A step daughter who she actually seems like she loves.

"Be real with me, Dom." Axel says, rating a hand on my shoulder.

I shrug it off, "I am, just leave it, Axel."

Axel bites down on his lip, looking as though he thinking about something deeply. "Was she...was she, you know?"

"No, I don't know."

"Well? Was she well?" Axel asks shyly. And axel isn't a shy man. He's a boxer. He doesn't do the whole scaredy-cat thing.

I shrug, "I didn't really look at her." Which is a lie, I studied every part of her. She looked ill. Maybe that's why she took so long to approach...

My father steps into the lounge and tells Axel to leave us alone. I'm wished a good luck before Axel departs. I'm gonna need it.