18. DD

• THALIA •

I walk towards the front door, trying to talk myself into believing I'm this confident boss bitch

I'm reality, I'm scared shitless. But nobody needs to know that, do they.

I take a deep breath, tapping my fingers against my thigh anxiously.

The door slowly opens, a middle aged woman, I think a maid, opens the door with a gleaming smile. "Hello, ma'am. Thalia, I presume?"

I try to return the warm smile, but it's hard when I feel like I'm about to barf. "Yeah, that's me, thanks."

She opens the door wider and gestures towards the inside of the house.

I step inside.

This place is huge. Even the staircase is 10x the size of a normal staircase. I can literally see my own reflection in the door. And there are doors everywhere. Fuck me and my lack of navigation skills, because I'm gonna need some if I want to go to the bathroom in this house.

The lovely lady tells me to follow her, I do, hesitantly. A huge part of me wants to turn back around and make a runner. But why do I feel like the people who live here are so powerful that, I'd probably somehow end up in prison with a 5 year sentence. Rich people are crazy.

She guides me into a room, which i soon identify as the kitchen. "She's here now." The maid says, still smiling. Credit to her.

I find Esmereldas face instantly and I see it drop. Well as much as it can with all the Botox. She looks physically Ill at the sight of me. She doesn't even try to hide it in-front of her beloved, upperclass friends.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that she feels ill at the sight of my clothing. I've got a green, slightly sparkles, corset top on and matching flared jeans to go with.

Oh dear, I am in trouble.

I sort of zoned out searching Esmereldas face, I kind of didn't acknowledge the other ten people in the room.

"Oh, hello." I say, awkwardly.

I scan the not so unfamiliar faces.

Oh. My. Days.

This is Bennu's family, which should mean-

"T!"

I search for the person who I know said that. I find her instantly. Nadine, looking beautiful. Oh my god did I miss her.