59. Siblings

• WARREN RICO •

I ended up driving Thalia back to the cafe after I gave her a house tour

I did propose we do all sorts of things together, but she seemed exhausted and I didn't want to make her do anything selfishly.

I offered to give her a lift back to her home but she was very insistent that I drop her back at the cafe, I didn't question it. Maybe she enjoys her job?

My brother, Hilton, is such a dickhead. He really just had to go and say what he said.

Give her what she wants

She's not a forever thing

He insisted that she was with me for money.

I shake my head at my stupid brother. For someone who's supposedly meant to be smart, he really lacks a lot of emotional intelligence.

I watch Thalia unlock the door to the cafe from inside my car parked up. She disappears behind the see through doors, it's pitch black in there.

I sink into my seat and look to the ceiling of my car.

I think I really like this girl

The quiet is crippling. I need noise.

I hit the gas and speed off back to Bardot Manor. I need to talk to Charlotte.

______________________________

"Lottie, I need your help." I barge into Lotties overly pink room.

She's not facing me right now but I see her drop a magazine and roll onto her back, she then props herself up with her elbows. "Brother." She greets. Her face is covered in this green gunk and her blonde hair is pushed back with some sort of towel like head band.

I shut Charlottes door and walk further into her room. "I need your help."

I sit down on the end of her bed and she sits up fully, crossing her legs. "About....?"

"A girl."

Lottie squeals excitedly, "oh my god! Are you in love, blue?"

Blue - Lotties always called me Blue and I've always called her Pink.

People have always been quick to assume that I'd get along with Hilton better than I'd get on with Charlotte.

I've always thought that it was because we were men. And in my world, we're supposed to get along because of that. Whereas in most people's eyes, Lotties too bubbly and sweet and kind. To pure for this world.

Bullshit if you ask me.

I won't let genders define who I prefer and who I don't.

I shove her playfully, "not in love. But I invited this girl, Thalia, to the ball. I want to buy her a dress, but I don't know what girls like."