4. New found friend

• NADINE •

After we payed for the dresses, I took Thalia straight to Harrods

I noticed she was wearing the same outfit as she was when we first met, and when she went to the bathroom when we were at her house, her wardrobe door was open and I noticed there was nothing in there. With the exception of 2 bras and some pairs of underwear.

We step into harrods and Thalia looks like her jaw is about to crash onto the floor.

"I can not afford this place, Nadine." She whisper yells.

I take her hand in mine and pull her towards the woman's clothing section. "Doesn't matter, it's my treat."

She halts in her spot, wincing a little like she's in pain. "No. No Nadine."

I laugh a little, "yes." I carry on pulling her behind me.

"Nadine, I can't accept that."

"Yes you can, and you will." I tell her, finality lading my tone.

After five minutes of back and forth arguing, and her putting clothes back on the shelf. I finally convince her to let me treat her. (Well... she hasn't completely agreed but I've been discreetly giving the clothes to one of the workers, to put behind the till.)

45 minutes later...

After a long time spent in Harrods (not enough), we finally head for the exit. But not before I go and pay.

Ha, Thalia really thought she was gonna get away with leaving this place without any new clothes in her hands.

As she left the shop, I told her I was going to buy some heels. Little did she know...

I exit the shop, calling Thalias name. She turns around, her eyes landing on the multiple bags in my bodyguards hand.

"Nadine!" She yells. "You didn't! Because that definitely isn't one pair of heels."

I just smirk, "you're right. It's yours."

She throws her head back, looking up at the sky before looking back at me. "I kinda fucking love you." She says quietly, as if she didn't want me to hear.

My heart swells at her words, I kinda fucking love you too.

__________________________________

After me taking Thalia to shops I wanted her to go to, she finally takes me to shops a lot cheaper.

She leads me into a charity shop, "is it cool if I get some jeans?"

I nod, "course."

She goes around, picking up second hand clothes. Jeans and hoodies, to be exact.

The total ended up being ten quid for two pairs of jeans and three jumpers.

"I am thirsty." I declare and Thalia nods in agreement.

So she leads me to a cute cafe outside of the shopping centre.

"This place is stunning." I say, telling her but also the cafe itself.

We take a seat, my bodyguard a few tables away, "minding his own business", I like to pretend.

Thalia offers to order for us, I tell her my order and she wanders off.

When she comes back she slides me my credit card back but I know by the smug smile on her face, I wasn't the one who payed.

As soon as she sits my phone starts ringing. "Take it." She tells me. "Don't worry you don't need to leave."

I nod my head, accepting Bennu's call.

"Hi, baby." He greets from the other end of the line. His groggy voice does things to my insides.

"Hey, Ben. What's up, is everyone okay?"

I can picture him nodding back in his old bedroom at his Dad's home. "Yeah, yeah, everyone's fine, Dia. How are you?"

I smile, "good. Found my dress and Thalia's."
Thalias head tilts up at the mention of her names and we share a smile.

"Amazing,babe. Cant wait to see. Have you eaten?" He asks and I hear footsteps on his side of the call.

"We're at a cafe right now," I tell him.

"That's nice, when are you going to be home?"

"I don't know, depends really. I want you to meet Thalia, but at the same time I feel like it would be cool if you met her at our wedding."

"Whatever you decide, Babe."

__________________________________

One hour later...

Seeing as Bennu was at his family house, I decided to bring Thalia to our home.

As soon as she stepped through the doors and onto the marble floor, she acted like she was infecting the house.

I reassured her over and over.

I think she feels a little better.

I gave Thalia a tour and I swear she fell in love with it the same way I did when I first saw it after it had been built. This is where I want to raise my children, 100%.

We made some Nachos and settled on the sofa, putting on Gossip Girl in the background as we spoke.

Thalia is a mysterious girl, i swear I know nothing. Nada. About her. I want to because she's important to me now, she's more than a bridesmaid I kind of blackmailed, she's a friend. A good one.

"So, what's you life story, Thalia?" I ask her.

She takes a chilli nacho, swallows it then answers. Laughing awkwardly before she speaks. "Not much to say really, full names Natalia, but left when I was young, never met my dad. Grew up in different foster homes but always ended up back in a care home. Was on the street for six months before Jimmy, my current "carer", brought me to where I am today."

"How was that, the living in between different homes?"

She sighs, "tough. By the 20th time, I think I realised maybe I was the problem. I started giving up, but the tiniest slither of hope has never been swallowed up by the big black hole at the bottom of my soul. "

"Do you know how many homes you've been in?"

She shrugs, looking completely zoned out, but not failing to answer. "Eh, dunno. Lost count I guess."

I feel bad, she doesn't deserve this.

We keep the questions light hearted after that. I found out she's only 16, 5 years between us but that doesn't change a thing. She's emotionally intelligent and mature, probably from having to grow up so early. Poor girl.