24

I took my last poster off the wall. Stacking it nicely on top of my third pile. I have too much 'wall decor' "I'll help you out these all back up once we get to our place."

'our place.' I haven't even moved in, and he's calling it our place. It was be nice to have a real place our own someday.

"Alright. I think that's everything."  "Fuck, it is. I can't believe that the house is getting sold. I've lived here my whole life. I mean I care more about losing this house the my own father." "Wow. I'm sorry." 

"It's fine."

We loaded all my stuff into the trunk of the car. I didn't have much, except posters. I said bye to Mikey, we were going to meet up later tonight for dinner. I've never lived without him before.

We drove to his house in silence. He helped me carry my few boxes into the basement.

"Gerard, are you alright. You haven't said anything in a while." "Yeah, it's just weird, being here." "Do you want me to help you unpack, or do you want some space." "Just gimme some time, I'll come get you if I need help." "Okay. I'll be in my room if you need anything,." "Love you Frankie." He shut the door without a response."

I opened one of my boxes, grabbing my double sided tape out of it, then picking up the first poster on my stack. I put it up, on the plain, blank wall. Not my wall, someone else's wall, who's letting me borrow it. Because I'm pathetic and can't even fend for myself.

I decided to give up on the posters after the first stack. I'll put the rest up some other time. I put my sheets on my new bed. Making it instantly feel more like home. I guess this is good, better than a hotel...

I pulled out my phone, still open to Margo's email. I decided to respond.

'Hi Margo

Thanks for letting me know. Anyway, he died so that's why he can't pay anymore. He left me $500,000 so I'll continue to pay on my own. $100 a week right? I don't have insurance so it'll be out of pocket. Anyway, see you tomorrow!

gerard'

I got a message back the second I hit send.

'Gerard.

We have a lot to unpack tomorrow.

Margo.'

Yes we surely do.

I set my phone down, my head spinning at the sudden lack of fuzz in my brain, nothing to distract me meant I had to think. I can't think right now.

Not with the constant feeling something was going to happen. Something bad.

I got up, hesitantly leaving my new inhabitancy. I walked up to Frank's room, his door was wide open, welcoming, inviting.

"Hey Frankie." I said walking over to him, laying on his bed next to him. He quickly dropped his phone and adjusted so his head was exactly in the crook of my neck. "Hey."  I kinda miss Mikey." "Well, that's expected. He's your brother and you've lived with him forever."

I watched him texting someone on his phone, completely uninterested In what I had to say. Whatever happened when he went to call his parents, was not good.

"Yeah, I guess. Hey I was wondering..." "What's up?" "Do you still wanna paint my nails?" "YES! Can I?" "Yeah." "YAY!" Frank leaned up, kissing every square inch of my face, over excitedly.

The kisses felt dirty, wrong, fake.

"Okay, come sit here. Lemme get my polish." He said walking over to the bathroom. I sat down on the small clean spot on his bedroom floor. He walked back in with a bag over flowing with nail polish, half of which were black.