7

"Uhm Gerard?" "Huh, what?" "Were here." "Oh sorry." "It's alright." I had been on my phone pretty much the whole car ride I never even noticed when we pulled into the driveway. I looked up and took in the giant house that stood before us.

"God damn." I said stepping out the door. "What?" "Your house is Awesome!!" "Oh yeah, thanks. It's pretty cool I guess." He was being way too quiet for him, what happened. Did I do something? "Are you okay Frank?" 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" "I don't know, sorry." "If you say sorry when you don't actually mean it it, it takes away the meaning when you really say it. Or whatever you said." "I'm always sorry Frank." "Okay." 

What's his issue, maybe I should go home. "Why did I come here again?" "Oh yeah! The magazines! My naked magazines." He said poking me in the arm while we walked into his house. "Shut up." 

My head was on a constant swivel when I walked into his house. It was massive, so crazy cool. "My room's up here." He said leading me up the stairs. We walked into his room. The walls were covered head to toe with posters of the dopest bands I know. 

"It's kinda a mess in here but you can sit there I guess." He pointed to an empty spot on the floor next to his bed. "Alright." I sat down as he pulled a box out of a door. He seems off right now. I don't know what I did but there's no reason he needs to be so cold.

"Here." He sat down the box in front of me and took of the lid. The first thing I saw was Frank shirtless, his ink covered chest showing off on he cover of a magazine. "Damn." "Thanks." Frank said giggling. 

Frank started to talk about something but I got distracted. I turned my head to look out the window. It was Twilight, the sky was lightly lit up a soft shade of purple. The few clouds left in the sky were the color of cotton candy. I could almost feel the colors inside of me. The soft bristles of a paint brush dusting my brain with pastel pinks, oranges, and yellows.

"Gerard, hello? Did you hear what I said." I was drawn back to reality by Frank's words. "Sorry, what did you say, I was... Uh can you repeat yourself please?" "Yeah, I just asked why you didn't get mad at me earlier?"

"Huh, what do you mean, why would I have gotten mad at you?" "I yelled at you in the parking lot, and you apologized." "Oh yeah, why would I be mad, I was being rude, you did nothing wrong." "Yes I did. I yelled at you for no good reason, you deserved to know about her."

"Frank you didn't have to tell me anything, you know that." "yes I did, you tell the people you care about important stuff. You needed to know, I wouldn't have it any other way. You deserve to know this stuff" "Why?" "Because, just because." "Oh, thank's I guess." "Of course Gerard, you do know I care about you right." "Sure I do, I care about you too, I care about all of you." "Heh, oh yeah, everyone's great." Frank laughed quietly and awkwardly, making sure not to look in my eyes. 

"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you something." "What is it?" "This Sunday do you... maybe you could..." "What Frank." "Do you wanna come with me to get my tattoo on Sunday. I just want to have someone to talk to when I'm there so I don't get bored." "Oh yeah, sure. I had a thing but I was thinking of cancelling it anyway."

I'll just text Margo when I get home. "Okay cool! I don't think it will take that long, maybe we can do something after, the appointments at like 4:00 I think. It should take maybe 2 hours." "Alright, sounds fun." "Yeah..." Now it was actually awkward. The silence was loud, it burned my ears. I'm bad at filling silences.

"I think maybe I should head home soon." "Oh, you should stay for dinner!" "But, won't your parents be home?" "Doubt it, they go out for dinner like every night." Just then his phone dinged. He picked it up and read aloud: "Hey Frank, were going to dinner with some friends tonight. We'll probably stay at a hotel since were downtown. Love you always. That's from my mom. You can stay for dinner." "Okay!"