10

Now that I stepped in the door, I realize I probably should have told Mikey that Frank was coming over for dinner. 

"What's good dickwad." "Pete, don't be mean." "Okay Michael Way." Frank slowly sauntered into the kitchen beside me. "FRANKETH! What's good man, I didn't know you were coming over. I mean I guess should have expected now that you and Gerard are... friends." Pete said wiggling his eyebrows. 

Why do I let this man in my house.

"Hey Pete, hey Mikey. I told Gerard to tell you I was coming over but he didn't." "Mikey, are you cooking because I don't want to." "Food's almost done. Frank, how do you feel about pizza." "Great as long as there's no pineapple on it."

I turned to Frank and gasped probably over dramatically. "What's wrong with pineapple on pizza!" Frank clutched his chest pretending to be heart broken. "My Italian heart just cracked a little bit. I can't believe you would say that, that's so not Italian of you."

"Whatever, it's good. I like what I like." "Gay." Pete whispered. My and Frank just side eyed each other. He's not wrong. 

"Okay. Go sit at the table while I cut the pizza guys. And don't worry Frank, there's no pineapple on it. It's DiGiorno. One cheese, one pepperoni." "Great." 

Me, Pete, and Frank walked into the dining room together.  Pete sat across from Frank and I. The three of us sat in an awkward silence till Mikey came in holding two big ass plates with pizza on both.

"Oh my god Mikey, guess what!" "Hmm?" He spoke with a mouth full. "Bert was Frank's tattoo artist!" Mikey looked at me, eyes wide, a nervous look on his face, glancing between me and Frank. "Your ex boyfriend?" 

"What, no? He wasn't my boyfriend." "Uhm... yes he was." "Nuh uh..." "Well, he definitely thought you were..." "We were just friends."

My phone buzzed repeatedly. I could feel all their eyes on me as I turned over my phone to see who was texting me. Frank leaned over my shoulder, sighing softly when he saw who it was. 

"It's um.. It's Bert." "What'd he say!" "Pete, don't act so excited." Mikey spoke softly so I couldn't hear, he whispered to Pete and they both made eye contact with Frank. He just shrugged. 

I think I'm either crazy, or Frank's jealous.

I unlocked my phone, opening my messages app. 

Unknown number: Hey Gerard, it was so good to see you today, I've totally missed you. We should meet up sometime this week, just you and me.

Unknown number: I meant to ask, are you and Frank dating?

I looked to my right, scanning Frank's face as he saw what I just saw. "I gotta go. My parents are uh..." He looked me in this eyes as he stood up, then at Mikey. "I- Bye..." He turned around and walked out. Mikey stood up, too fast, following him.

I turned to Pete, who looked just as confused as me. "What just happened... What did Bert say?"  "He sai-." I started, stopping immediately when I realized I could hear Frank and Mikey in the door way.

"C'mon man, you can't expect him... if you.... he is... and you know that he won't...."

  "I know.... he's hard to.... I mean you must....Right?" 

"...I..."

 "Fine......"

"Tomorrow..... I'll let you leave.... Bye Frank...."

I could only hear parts of what they were saying, since they were whispering. "What did I do?" I said to Mikey as he walked back into the room.

"You didn't do anything Gerard, but I don't think you should hang out with Bert." "Okay well, can I text him back?" "Yeah, let me help you though." "Actually, I was going to have Hayley help me, she would know what to say." 

"That's actually a good idea, she knows Frank better than either of us do Mikes, let her help him." Thanks for being on my side for once Pete.

"Fine... Do it soon though." "I'll go call her now."

I walked down to my room. I dialed Hayleys number, she picked up Immediately.

"Gerard? What's up?" "Hey, I need some help with something." "Oh sure, what's going on?" 

I explained to her all of what happened, meeting Bert at the shop, him thinking we dated, him texting me, Frank leaving.

"I don't know what I did, and I don't know why Frank left like that, and I don't know what Mikey and Pete know that I don't." "I think I know what's going on, but I don't think I can tell you."

"Everyone loves keeping secrets from." "I'm sorry Gerard, but it's not my secret to tell." "That's okay I understand. But anyway, I needed your help with what I should say back to Bert." "Well what did he say?"

I told her what he said, word for word. She definitely knows something I don't. 

"Oh... I know what's going on. Okay, well, do you want to hangout with him?"

"I mean, I thought he was my friend but if he thinks we dated... than no. I don't like him in that way." "Than I would say something along the lines of 'I'm really busy with school lately, I don't know when I'll have time to hangout any time soon, sorry' If he's a real friend he'll understand and take the hint."

"What do I say to him about the other thing? About me and Frank?" "Don't say anything about that. And after you text him I would text Frank and tell him you're not seeing Bert. But you do what you want."

"Okay. Thank's Hayley. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." "Bye Gerard. Good luck."

I'm definitely going to need luck.