forty two, figure your shit out

FIGURE YOUR SHIT OUT

imessage !

NICK

NICK,
hey can you come to
my room real quick

MATT,
no what do you want

NICK,
just come to my room
please

MATT,
fine

real life !

matt rolled his eyes but got up from his bed anyway. he walked from his room to nick's.

not knocking, he swung the door open to see natalia laying in his brother's bed.

"hi." natalia blinked at the boy.

"hey." deafening silence filled the room. 

matt cleared his throat, "um nick said he needed me."

a confused look washed over natalia's face. "nick just left."

natalia slowly realized what had happened. he must've done this on purpose.

just as matt went to speak again, he was pushed into the room by chris, who then quickly grabbed the door knob and slammed the door shut.

"what the fuck?" matt said, very confused.

natalia got up from nick's bed and went to the door. she tried to open it but nick and chris were both pushing up against it.

"let us out, guys! this isn't funny!" natalia rolled her eyes.

"NOT UNTIL YOU GUYS FIGURE YOUR SHIT OUT!" chris shouted back, a bit too loud.

"just open the door, chris." matt said.

"we aren't letting you out until you guys are good again! we all know what happened and we aren't letting you guys avoid your problems any longer." nick said through the door.

"i'm never coming over ever again!" nat said before going back to nick's bed and sitting down. 

after a few seconds, matt went over and sat next to her.

"they're so annoying," nat said.

"they're right though."

natalia was taken aback. matt's was never a very confrontational person so this kind of took nat by surprise.

after natalia's lack of response, matt went on. "we have to talk about what happened. whether you want to or not."

"to be clear, i don't want to talk about it."

"why not?"

natalia took a breath. "because i'm scared."

"scared of what?" matt looked at the girl intensely.

"everything. i'm scared of what you're gonna say. i'm scared of my feelings. i'm scared of your feelings and if they aren't the same as mine."

as natalia rambled on, matt grabbed her hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

natalia looked up at matt.

"you don't have to be scared, talia."

tears filled natalia's eyes. "i do. because what if you regret kissing me. what if you wish you never came over. what if you-"

matt stopped natalia by grabbing the sides of her face and making her look at him. "i don't regret a single fucking thing."

natalia's eyes flickered down to matt's lips, which he definitely noticed.

matt pulled her in and kissed her. 

as they pulled away from each other, matt smiled. "you know, the night that me and althea broke up was probably one of the best nights of my life."

nat scrunched her nose, "i sang a song about how you broke my heart in front of thousands of people, your girlfriend tried to cheat on you and we got into a huge fight. how was that the best night of your life?" 

"if that night didn't happen we wouldn't have started talking again." 

"hm, that's probably true." nat smiled. "well i guess that was one of the best nights of my life too, then.

"i missed you so much. and i was so confused when you broke up with me. i just wanted to know what i did." nat said.

"you didn't do anything. i was just a fucking idiot." matt laughed awkwardly.

"well, i'm glad you came to your senses."

"me too."

a comfortable silence fell between the two. 

"so," nat started, "not to sound weird but like, what are we now?"

"mmm, good question. how about we stay unlabeled right now? so i can ask you out for real." 

"okay. i think i'm okay with that." nat nodded and smiled, pulling matt in to kiss him again. 

when she pulled away, she got up from nick's bed. "now let's tell them to let us out of here." she walked over to the door, "hey, we're all good now, you can let us out."

nick opened the door. "finally. i was getting tired of waiting out here." 

chris jumped up from where he was sitting on the floor. "so, you guys dating again or what?"

"no." nat said.

chris's face fell, "what."

"we're not official or anything. matt said he wants to ask me out for real." nat smiled.

a smile spread across chris's face, "YAYAYAYAY," he jumped around.

📦 dev's words !
they're plan worked 🫣