twelve, selling this guitar

SELLING THIS GUITAR

SELLING THIS GUITAR

real life !

natalia sat on her bed, scrolling through various apps on her phone. she started with tiktok but eventually got bored so she switched to instagram. which she also got bored so she switched over to pinterest.

as she was scrolling, saving things to random boards, she came across a picture of a guitar. she glanced at her wall to see her own guitar. the same guitar she taught matt how to play.

the girl thought back to the first time her and matt hung out in her room.

a few months earlier 

matt and natalia walked into the girl's room. matt started looking around at the posters and photos on her wall. 

"your room is so cool."

"your only saying that because your room is blander than a prison cell."

matt turned to girl with a hurt look on his face. 

"sorry, but it's true." nat shrugged.

matt went back to picking up small things on the girls desk and bookshelves to look at them for a few seconds then carefully putting them down in the same spot.

"if someone kills me, you're gonna be the first suspect with all your fingerprints on my stuff."

"don't say that," matt laughed.

"right sorry, i'm gonna speak it into existence." 

matt turned around to look at the girl again but noticed the guitar on the wall behind her. "i didn't know you played guitar?"

"yeah no i learned how in like 8th grade, it's my only party trick."

"i want a party trick." matt said, faking annoyance. 

"i can teach you how." natalia smiled.

"really?" matt's face lit up.

"yeah!" natalia turned around and grabbed the guitar off the wall. "do you want to learn how to play a specific song or like the actual chords or...?"

"what songs can you teach me?"

"this is embarrassing cause i think the only song i know well enough to teach you is thinking out loud by ed sheeran," natalia covered her face with her hands.