twenty nine, they're ridiculous

THEY'RE RIDICULOUS

THEY'RE RIDICULOUS

natalia was standing in the kitchen when she heard the knock on the door of her and maya's apartment. 

"fuck." she whispered to herself. she took a deep breath to mentally prepare herself for what was about to happen.

"i'll get it!" maya shouted from the living room. 

natalia walked into the living room. as she watched maya open the door she fought the urge to run back to her room, lock the door and never come out.

you're ready for this, nat. you got this.

"hey y'all!" maya greeted nick, matt, chris, and madi. "matteo chen get your ass out here! our guests are here!" she yelled further into the apartment. maya gave nick and madi big hugs and waved at chris and matt.

as they all walked into the living room natalia walked towards them. 

"NICKKK!!" she gave nick a hug. then she gave madi a hug. as she let go of her, she looked over at chris and matt. she gave chris a quick side hug.

"hey, nat," chris said.

she looked back at matt. he was already looking at her.

had he been looking at her like that this whole time?

she gave him as much of a smile as she could muster and a little wave.

"hey," matt just barely whispered. 

matteo walked into the living room. "hi." he walked straight into the kitchen.

chris followed him. "do you guys have any pepsi?"

"bottom left drawer." maya said.

"nope. just rootbeer," chris called back.

"there's no way. i literally bought pepsi like last week," maya walked into the kitchen.

arguing could be heard in the kitchen from the living room. 

another knock was heard at the door. natalia went over to answer it. 

"heyyy, johnny," she hugged the boy in front of her. "oh my god, lauren! it's so nice to meet you." she pushed johnny out of the way to hug lauren.

"hi," lauren smiled. 

they all walked into the living room where nick, madi and matt were sitting. they greeted each other and a few different conversations broke out between the six of them. 

matteo, chris, and maya all walked out of the kitchen. 

"hey, me and chris are gonna go downstairs to the lobby. all he wants is pepsi and i'm pretty sure there's a vending machine down there." maya said to the group. 

"okay, don't take too long though," nat smiled at maya. 

maya glared at natalia before pushing chris out the front door. "brb," maya said in a fake valley girl accent. 

"maya, stop using text abbreviations in real life, i can't handle it anymore," matteo said. 

maya flipped the boy off in return. 

"they're ridiculous." nick rolled his eyes. 

"they really are. how can two people be so in love with each other and just keep it inside?" nat shook her head. 

johnny looked over at natalia, then at matt, then back at natalia. he gave her a look that said, really girl.

natalia made eye contact with johnny. "ANYWAY!" she got up from the couch, "i'm gonna get a drink, anyone want anything... other than pepsi."

"what do you guys have?" lauren asked. 

"lemonade, strawberry lemonade, root beer, water, dr pepper, i think that's it."

"water please," nick requested.

"get me a dr. pepper," matteo said.

"let's try that again and  remember who you're talking to." natalia said, from the kitchen. 

"will you please get me a dr. pepper?"

"yes i will, thank you."

madi and lauren both asked for strawberry lemonade.

"just lemonade for me."

"johnny." nat looked into the kitchen.

"...please."

"do you need any help?"

"matt, i can carry six drinks," nat laughed. 

matt got up anyway and went into the kitchen. johnny and nick shared a look. 

"matt i said i don't need help," nat turned to him, setting a bottle of lemonade on the counter.

"i know, but i want to help," matt said picking the bottle up. 

"you really don't have to."

"it's just carrying bottles from one room to another. it's nothing, talia."

nat flinched at the nickname. "that's why i really don't need your help." she grabbed the rest of the drinks. 

as she turned around to go back to the living room matt stopped her and started grabbing some of the drink to carry himself. 

"matt really, i don't need help."

"i know, i know," matt whispered back, taking more drinks until she was only holding two rootbeers. "i don't remember anyone asking for rootbeer?"

"ones for me and ones... for you. which means you can carry it." nat put the extra can on matt's pile, smiling.

"i thought you didn't want my help?"

"i don't." nat walked back into the living room. 

"hey, where's our drinks?" matteo said, holding his hands in the air. 

nat pointed behind her at matt, slowly walking into the living room, balancing the six drinks on his arms. as he got closer to the couch, nat started grabbing drinks from him, passing them out.

"lemonade, dr pepper, water, and two strawberry lemonades for the ladies," nat smiled. everyone said thank you (they knew better than not to).

a little after they sat back down, chris and maya got back to the apartment.

"what took you guys so long," matteo smiled. 

"chris pushed all the buttons on the elevator." maya rolled her eyes while chris smiled happily to himself. 

he was holding two bottles of pepsi. 

dev's words - AHH FINALLY A FUCKING UPDATE!!! it's been way too long and i feel like a piece of shit for not updating in forever but it's finally here!!! i want natalia and matt back together already.. is it because they've been broken up for too long or because i've been gone so long??? anyway im glad i finally finished a chapter to update you guys because this book is literally at 89.4K READS!!! WHICH IS CRAZY!!! i hope you guys have a great day or night!!! ❤️❤️❤️

ALSO HAPPY PRIDE MONTH Y'ALL !!!!