thirty seven, barely even watch them

BARELY EVEN WATCH THEM

real life !

natalia sat the couch scrolling through her instagram, a box of tissues next to her. miraculous ladybug played on the tv in front of her, though she paid it no mind. she was unbelievably bored home alone. 

she got up from the couch to get something to drink. the floorboards creaked underneath her, which put an unsettling feeling in the girls stomach. she opened the door to the fridge and grabbed a water. 

just as she got back to the couch, there was a knock on the door. she jumped at the noise.

"fuck, i'm about to get fucking murdered, aren't i?" she whispered to herself. she slowly walked to the door. she looked through the peephole to see a smiling matt sturniolo in the hallway, holding a bag in his hands.

her eyebrows furrowed as she opened the door. "hey, matt?"

"hi," he scratched the back of his neck.

"i thought you were with everyone else?"

"well i was gonna go but i felt bad leaving you alone, especially since you're sick." matt shrugged as natalia let him inside.

"oh, how i love your pity," nat closed the door. "i thought someone was here to kill me."

"nope, just me," matt smiled. "what have you been doing here alone?"

"literally nothing. sitting on the couch watching movies, i'm actually so bored." natalia fell back down onto the couch.

"well, i brought snacks. and i guess being bored together is better than being bored alone," matt shrugged, sitting down next to natalia. he dumped the bag out onto the couch, in between them.

"well, now that you're here we can watch scary movies," nat smiled. "i was too scared to watch them when i was alone."

"okay, what do you want to watch?"

nat got up from the couch again. "i don't know, but first we have to make popcorn," she grabbed matt's hand and pulled him up from the couch too. "and we need more blankets."

nat pushed matt towards the kitchen. "you make popcorn, and i'll go get blankets from my room, okay?"

matt nodded, "okay."

they went there separate ways for a few minutes. natalia came back into the living room with a bunch of blankets and pillows. matt came back with two bowls of popcorn and two root beers.

they both situated themselves on the couch. they both sat in the middle with their food on the opposite sides of each other. 

nat looked through the scary movies on the tv and settled on fear street, since that gave them three movies to watch instead of just one.

they got through the first movie without much trouble, though nat complained a lot when her favorite characters died or when the main characters did something stupid.

during the second, natalia found herself holding matt's hand under the blankets. she thought maybe if neither of them could see it, it wasn't actually happening. 

at parts of the movie that were really gory, natalia would squeeze matt's hand, making him squeeze her's back, laughing.

about half way through the third movie, matt couldn't stop looking over at natalia every few seconds. making it was the fact that they had progressively gotten closer together as the movies went on, and nat was really leaning into him now.

natalia could feel matt looking at her, but hoped that if she didn't say anything, then it wasn't really happening.

but then a scene in the movie made natalia turn to look at matt, mostly to avoid what was happening on the tv. 

and matt was already looking at her. he smiled.

"i don't know why you insist on watching horror movies when you barely even watch them," matt laughed.

natalia covered matt's mouth with her hands, "shut up," she smiled.

matt brought his hands up to move natalia's down. as his hands touched hers, it felt like sparks flew up her arms. 

matt's hands the moved to the sides of natalia's face. he pulled her in slowly, to give her plenty of time to pull away if this isn't what she wanted.

but it is what she wanted. more than she could even admit to herself. so she leaned in to matt, connecting their lips.

of course they've kissed before, but after so long natalia forgot how it felt. 

electricity ran through natalia's veins as their lips moved together. she could feel matt smiling as they kissed, making her smile as well, pulling away. 

📦 devs words !
matt is so bf to be honest