twenty two, when i started dating a singer

WHEN I STARTED DATING A SINGER

real life !

natalia was backstage trying not to have a panic attack. and of course she had to go back onstage at the end of the show so she had to hold off on the crying. even though she really wanted to.

as the people working behind the scenes of the show scurried back and forth in front of her, none of them asked questions, which she appreciated. but still, it made her feel less real than she already had felt.

matteo approached her a few times to let her know where the show was at time-wise and when she had to go back on to say goodbye.

20 minutes

10 minutes

5 minutes

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

she was back out there. all eyes on her. 

his eyes on her.

she tried her best to avoid his gaze. but it was burning holes in her. she felt like she was on fire. 

her, johnny, and matteo took a few pictures of themselves and the crowd. a few fans actually giving them their own phones to take pictures on. 

and in those moments, so much was happening that it was damn near impossible to think of matt. 

but life is nothing but fleeting moments

as soon at natalia stepped off the stage, it felt like she hadn't even been on it to begin with. 

the moments that had once felt fast and happy now felt slow and painful. her whole body ached. every movement felt heavier than the last.

matteo came up behind her and put his hand on her shoulder. 

"hey, are you okay?"

"yeah, i think i just need some water or something." natalia ran her hand through her hair.

"you're gonna need more than water, you look like you're about to pass out." matteo said. "you should probably sit down," he guided her towards a chair. "i'll go get you water, okay."

natalia nodded.

she tried her best to take deep breaths, even counting them out.

when teo came back she very quickly took the bottle of water from him, taking a few big gulps.

"bloody hell, slow down. you're gonna choke," matteo laughed.

"i feel like i've been smoking for 20 years," natalia said after she took one last big drink of the water.