Chapter 26

I was laying against Pierce, I was almost half asleep, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.
"Hm?" I lifted my head, I looked over my shoulder and saw Rhys standing beside me. "Yeah?" I asked.
"Do you mind going into our place for a bit? I need to talk with the other Daemos." Rhys said.
"Oh, uh, sure." I said, getting up. Pierce noticed.
"Where are you going?" Pierce asked.
"Just leaving for a moment." I told him before walking away and into the room.

I don't know how long it was since I left my phone on the couch. Suddenly Rhys walked in. I lifted my ears at him.
"You can come out now." He said, he held his hand out and I grabbed it as he helped me to my feet. I walked out with him and some of the Daemos looked sad.
"What's wrong?" I asked but none of them seemed to want to answer me. I was about to ask again but Ava suddenly burst through the front door and was running over to us. She seemed to be panicking.
"Guys!" She shouted. "Guys!" She shouted then gave a dry cough, I unsheathed my claws.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Ava?" Noi asked. "Is something wrong?" He asked.
"What has you in a panic?" Rhys asked.
"I invited someone! And without even thinking-" She started mumbling really fast, it was a bit hard to understand her. The only thing I could really understand was her wanting to look more like humans and change our clothes.
"Just take your phone to him then." Leif said.
"No you guys-" I snapped my claws in front of Ava.
"Ava calm down, you're overthinking again, just breathe." I told her. She took a deep breath in then out.
"Right. Okay nevermind." She said, I flopped down on the couch beside Pierce as she went into her room.
"If we wish to protect Ava, we must go back." Rhys said. My ears perked up and I looked over at him, he looked at me then seemed to get nervous, like he forgot I was there. Just as I was about to ask Ava came out of her room.
"Heh, I need to stop overthinking."  Ava said nervously. I just started rubbing my ears, I'm not sure if she was still talking but I just needed my own thoughts for a minute. Suddenly my fur fluffed up, I was getting on edge, and I don't know why.
"Do you sense that?" Pierce asked.
"Huh?" Noi went.
"Something's here." Leif said.
"Something dangerous." I said, unsheathing my claws as much as I could.
"I'll be right back guys." Ava said as she walked over to the door, I slowly got up, so did the other Daemos.
"I don't know what it is.. I just know it's dangerous." I said. Suddenly Ava shouted.
"One second! Just changing my clothes! I thought I changed them but I was wrong! So if I'm hearing this right now please do!" She shouted. We all understood the message, the Daemos ran to their room and I ran into Ava's room, quickly shaking myself into my human-like form, I threw my hat on and tucked my tail.
Oh now I can change into my human-like form!?
I quickly ran out and was lucky enough that the Daemos has already changed their clothes as well. I stood beside Pierce as Ava was talking to someone, but I couldn't see who.
"Ava!" Asch finally shouted. I gently gulped. Ava finally came back over to where we were, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing she was safe. "Who are you talking to?" Asch asked. We all heard the dreaded footsteps as he came over to us. I felt my ears lower themselves, clearly the other Daemos felt the same since everyone looked worried and scared as Zex walked over to Ava, grinning at the Daemos before looking at me.
No.. Not him.. Why him? Oh no..
"Sorry I should've told you guys sooner. This is Zex, I met him outside in the alley, which sounds pretty terrible now that I saw it out loud." Ava said.
"You met him in an alley and you let him in!?" I said to her.
"Yeah I suppose I really allowed myself to let my guard down ever since I met you guys." She said, I felt a little hurt but I couldn't exactly take my eyes off Zex. "But I promise you he seems like a nice person, he's lost and I just wanted to help him." My tail twitched, I wanted to lower it but I just needed to keep myself hidden. "But um, next time I'll make sure to ignore someone in need."
"This is bad.." Pierce whispered.
"Tell me about it.." I whispered.
I need to think of a way to get him out, he's definitely going to still be mad about what I did.
Ava gently pushed past me so she could charge her phone.
"Zex is new, so make sure you guys are nice to him. I'll be right back." She said before going into her room. As the Daemos pulled out their weapons I unsheathed my claws.
"Didn't that human say to play nice?" Zex asked. I growled at him.
"How did you manage to get here!?" Asch asked.
"Lady Bish has her ways." Zex said. I pushed past everyone and got in front of Asch.
"That doesn't matter! Get out of here!" I told him.
"Still as feisty as ever, aren't you?" He asked me. I growled at him. "I'm not here for you anyways, I'm here to bring Asch back to Daemos." He told me.
"Asch doesn't need to do anything. He'll go back when he's done and ready." I growled at him.
"You can't keep a Daemos from fulfilling their destiny. Something Asch has been running from clearly." He said.
"What are you even talking about!?" Leif asked.
"Oh, so you haven't told them Asch?" Zex said, I growled at him.
"You keep your rotting mouth shut before I force it shut." I told him. He just chuckled at me.
"Heh, I finally found you after all these years little werewolf, your soul is very valuable, even though this world is crawling with humans for the picking, but yours would be to impress last Bish." He said, I reached for my arm but I smacked it away. "Then again there is that human you seek to be protecting."
"Don't you dare lay a hand on her!" Leif shouted. He looked over at Leif but I waved my hand at him.
"Your conversation is with me." I said. He chuckled at me.
"You really think you can still be a protector after what you did?" He asked me, I looked down a little bit. I heard the door open, I sheathed my claws and went back to standing.
"Sorry it took me a while to find a charger I-" She paused after seeing all of us, I smiled, but I really just wanted to get Zex out of here.
I need to get Zex out of here. I've taken him down once.. I can do it again if I react right. But first Ava needs to get out of here. But how..?