Chapter 19

I woke up to Ava stepping on my tail, I yelped and quickly stood up. I tapped her on the shoulder, hard enough so she would know I was mad. She turned around and paused her music.
"What's up Wolfie? Something wrong?" She asked.
"Yes their something wrong! You just stepped on my tail!" I said, lifting my tail from the ground.
"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know." She said. I looked at the bowl of candy she placed down.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Setting up for Halloween! It is my favorite holiday!" She said, looking very excited.
Of course it is.
"You want any help?" I asked.
"Oh yes, I could use help putting up my lights, like I uh.. Heh.. Call you for every year." She chuckled nervously. I smiled and took the lights from her and started to set them up. I only needed to jump, so I didn't need a ladder to set any of them up. Not like I could use one anyways, Ava was using the only ladder she owned. I noticed the Daemos starting to talk, I was done with the lights so I decided to walk over to them. I was in my hybrid form so I shouldn't be able to sneak up on them or anything really.
"Where did all this stuff come from?" Rhys asked.
"Ava and I set it up, of course you all were too invested in the television to notice." I said. I'm very certain they were ignoring me since only Pierce looked at me.
"Hey! Princess Ava!" Leif shouted.
"She's not going to be able to hear you." I told him.
"Princess Ava!" He shouted so loudly I had to cover my ears. I growled slightly.
"Are you okay?" Pierce asked.
"Yeah, that was just too loud, my ears are much more sensitive then yours so shouting really hurts." I rubbed my ears and lightly whimpered. I quickly walked away and into the laundry room before I could hear him shout more. He was still shouting, and I think I heard Asch shout as well. I lightly chuckled. My tail wagged as I could barely hear them now. I waited until I could hear them finally stop shouting. I walked out and saw Leif throwing a remote at Ava, Asch quickly teleported beside Ava and caught the remote.
Wow. Impressive for a prince. Hm.
I walked by and saw Asch accidentally bump into the ladder and Ava stumbled. Luckily Pierce caught her. Ava thanked Pierce and began to scold Asch. I lightly chuckled.
"Don't try to kill me!" She shouted.
"I-I wasn't Leif was!" He stuttered.
"Just because Leif likes to-" I decided to interrupt her.
"He's telling the truth." I said, leaning against the wall. I crossed my arms.
"What do you mean? I saw Asch next to the ladder." She said.
"He was protecting you. Leif threw the remote he's holding in his hand and Asch caught it." I said bored.
"Oh, well. Thank you then Asch." She said before walking away, giving a sly glare at Leif before going into her room. My tail gently wagged.
"Why did you tell her that!?" Leif said, sounding mad. He got up with an angry look.
"Why did you throw it at her?" I asked. Leif definitely didn't know what to say. "Exactly." I got to my feet and my tail wagged.
"Why did you help me? You know, by telling her the truth, I thought you didn't like me." He said.
"Well just because I don't like you doesn't mean I'll let injustice stand." I said before flicking my tail and walking away. I was planning on getting a snack.

I came back and saw the Daemos, well, except for Rhys pulling out their weapons and trying to fight. I walked up to Rhys and tapped his shoulder.
"What's going on?" I asked. He looked over at me.
"Princess Ava is going to take one of us out, but she asked us to choose which one of ourselves gets to go, so instead of arguing or being peaceful, everyone is.." Rhys paused.
"Fighting?" I asked, popping one of the peanut snacks in my mouth.
"Yes." He said. I chuckled and saw Ava open her door. That's when they all stopped and looked at Ava.
"Seriously?" She asked, looking a bit annoyed.
"To be fair the rule you said before was.. They couldn't fight.." Rhys said, I just chuckled again. "Loudly."
"Ava what if we just make it easier?" I said.
"How?" She asked me.
"Hold on." I walked over to her stove and turned it on. I waited until it was hot enough, I plucked a clump of my fur and used the stove to set it on fire. I walked back and saw Ava looking confused. "Don't give me that look you know I'm not done." I told her. I slowly plucked a thicker part of my fur tied together. I dropped it on the floor.
"Wolfie I don't think that's a good-" She started but I raised a claw.
"I know, hold on." I said as I tapped the fire with my foot. I made sure it was out before moving my foot. I lowered myself and scooped up the burned fur before gently blowing some air in it.
"What's taking so-!" Asch started but I raised my claw to him to silence him. I kept blowing until a flame finally came. The flame slowly turned green.
"Alright, it's green, so that means Leif gets to go." I said.
"What!?" All the Daemos went except Leif.
"Yes!" He went before teleporting away.
"And to keep it fair, what if I take the rest of the Daemos with me, so I can take them out for ice cream or something?" I asked Ava.
"Ice cream?" Rhys said, my tail began to wag.
"Wolfie-" Ava started, I quickly gave her my puppy eyes.
"Please Ava?" I asked her.
"Fine." She said groaning.