07

Saturday came by fast. Yuan texted me yesterday reminding about our "date" today. I was just hoping Risella doesn't find us since our meeting place will be in Taft area too.

I hopped on Station 2 on the way to Taft Avenue Station and got to the gate where we will meet. When I arrived, I saw no trace of him. So, I texted him saying that I am in the meeting place after I hit send, I felt something cold on my shoulders, I turned around to see what it was and I was greeted by a torso, I looked up to see Yuan as he was holding two cups.

He greeted me with a smile, "Have you been waiting long?" He asked.

"No," I replied while he handed me one of the cup he is holding. "I just texted you right now."

"I see. I got you some coffee by the way." He said and offered the cup of coffee. Just what I needed too.

"Let's go!" He continued and proceeded to walk ahead of me, I was confused but decided to just follow him.

After minutes of walking, we arrived at a parking lot where he also grabbed his keys and opened his car. His car was parked near the exit.

We stopped in front of the door and he opened the door for me on the passenger seat. I thanked him and got into the car. He opened the car on the other side and hopped on the car.

We then got hit the road. I didn't know where we were going but I let him decide since he was the one who offered.

The silence was loud. I could almost just hear my breathing and the AC so I asked him if I could turn on the radio. He nodded and opened it. The song played "The Promise" by When in Rome.

If you need a friend
Don't look to a stranger
You know in the end
I'll always be there
And when you're in doubt
And when you're in danger
Take a look all around
And I'll be there

I smiled as I hear the familiar introduction.

"You like this song, don't you?" I hear Yuan say. I looked at him and nodded. I see him smile while his face was still focused to the road.

I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say
(I promise you)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be
(I promise you)
But if you wait around a while I'll make you fall for me
(I promise you)
I promise, I promise you, I will

As I stare at Yuan Rayden Alcantara with a smile plastered on his face, I can't help but smile too. Unknowingly, I just feel safe with his company, even if we never interact much in the past. I'm not sure if this is because he is my best friend's brother or just what he radiates as a person.

Its true, I've known him for years; but, I've always thought he was way different than what I thought he was like back then.

We stopped at a red light and he faced me with his eyebrows raised. I guess I was staring too long. I cleared my throat and looked outside the window. I hear him chuckle. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Thea, we're almost there." He said and I gave him a thumbs up while still looking at the window since I was still embarrassed.

Minutes later, we finally arrived in our destination: The Amusement Park.