PROLOGUE

"Thea, bakit ganon?"

We were in this bar in Poblacion. I was with Risella since she suggested to go here to talked about what happened between her and Tristan. The bar was hidden so it wasn't that crowded. Risella and I were seated at the bar top.

Although, she never fully told me the whole story of what had happened between them since she was crying too much, I stayed by her side.

"Tama na, Ris. Feeling ko hindi naman n'ya sadya!" I said. I hated seeing the people I love cry. It broke me. I pat her back and told her to calm down.

It's funny how we get hurt by people inevitably even if we love them. There would be times where it was unbearable and the pain is too much that you decide to just escape it instead.

"Hay, Tristan. Mahal na mahal kita pero b'at ganon!" she shouted, causing the bartender to look at her with concern.

I sighed and comforted her. The rest of the night, she was just talking about it in between her sobs and kept drinking until eventually she became drunk. I drank a bit too but not too much since I have bad alcohol tolerance.

Risella then grabbed her bag and got her cellphone. I was confused on what she will do but when I saw she was about to dial Tristan, I snatched her phone immediately and she started laying down in the countertop of the bar. I didn't know what to do! In my whole friendship with Ris, I have never seen her get to this state yet!

I decided on what to do because I couldn't carry her, I then took her phone and went through her contacts. Kuya Rayden. Yuan Rayden Alcantara, her brother. My eyes stared at that name for so long. I sighed and decided to text him.

To: Kuya Rayden
Hi. This is Thea. I'm with Risella at a bar in Makati. She is so drunk, and I can't carry her. Here's the address. Please pick her up. Thank you.
[Address link]

When I hit sent, I got nervous. After a few minutes, Risella's phone vibrated indicating there was a new message.

From: Kuya Rayden
I'm on my way.

I always knew Yuan was protective of Risella ever since I knew them. My best friend could be a handful sometimes but only Yuan and I could handle her.

It just hit me too that I'll see Yuan again after years. It's definitely not something I expected after what happened years ago. But, what can I do? He was my best friend's brother and even if she forgave me long ago, I didn't want to make things bad again after what has heal, have been healed.

Before I knew it, I see Tristan entering the bar. I was confused but thought that maybe Yuan asked him to be here to pick-up his sister. He then saw me and started to walk where Risella and I were.

"She's mad at you," I paused. "But she loves you so much. So, please patch things up with her, Tristan." I told him firmly. He just nodded and carried Risella with him. I handed him Risella's bag which he put in his shoulders.

"Let's go home, love." I heard Tristan whisper but enough for me to hear. "He..he..he I love yooooou, Tristan boo-boo!" I hear Risella coo. I see Tristan shake his head. I laughed and watch them walk towards the exit.

I then see a tall-figure entering in my line of vision. My heart beated fast. It was him.

Nothing changed with him except for the fact that got even more handsome now. He was wearing a plain white dress shirt and black slacks, maybe coming from a formal event. He stopped when he saw Tristan carrying Risella and talked to them first before he finally came to where I was.

With his every step, my heart beated even faster. My eyes stared back at his brown orbs, afraid of what will come or what he will say to me.

"Its nice to see you again, Atty. Thea." he smiled.

My heart stopped. My nickname from his lips felt the same. Sweet and angelic.

"Likewise, Yuan."

Just like the first time I met him again, sparks fly.