01

"Uy Thea, may gagawin ka ba sa Friday?"

I was in a phone call with Elisia, one of my closest friends. I stopped at what I'm doing when Elisia asked me that question. I kind of knew that she would ask me that anytime soon.

"Ha? Bakit? Inaaya mo nanaman ako sa inuman, noh?" Tanong ko.

Noong first term ko pa lang sa La Salle ay nag-aaya na sila Elisia sa mga party ng mga kilala niya. Sa barkada namin, si Elisia yung social butterfly saamin. So, I wasn't surprised that she had many friends quite fast.

"Aba, siyempre! House party lang naman 'toh at tagal ko na kayo hindi nakita, ha!" Sambit naman niya. Napaisip tuloy ako.

"Hay, sige na nga, na-miss ko na rin kayo lahat eh!" I sighed. I heard Elisia screamed for joy on the other line. I smiled. I miss my high school barkada. When classes started, 'di ko na sila palagi nakikita dahil iba na mga college namin.

I ended the call and continued to do my worksheets and assignments in Goks since tapos na lahat ng klase ko for today. It was Wednesday and fortunately, I only had a 2 PM class today.

After that, I took the LRT to go home to Makati. Once I arrived home, I saw Manang in the kitchen preparing some foods. I could say that Manang was my second mom since my biological one doesn't even have time for me. But, I was used to it but unknowingly it still hurts. I am an only child and my parents were workaholics ever since I could remember. They are both lawyers and are always never home during the day. The only time I get to see them are at night but even when they get home, I cannot have a full conversation with them. I know they love me but I know they will choose their career over me and it was okay, I understood it.

"Manang! I'm home!" I told her, happily. I walked through the kitchen and see her preparing some potato chips. "Nak, nandito ka na pala," Nakita ko siya lumingon at niyakap ako. Her hugs are always comforting. "Oh, ginawa ko sa'yo yung paborito mong potato chips!" Sabi niya. "Salamat ho, Manang!" Tuwang sinabi ko sa kanya. I then went to my room and changed into comfortable clothes and went to my desk to do some advanced readings for my COBLAW class.

After which, I scrolled through my phone and took a short nap. I found myself awake when Manang called me for dinner. Again, there were no signs of mom and dad and I ate by myself.

The day practically ended at that and I slept through the whole night. Though, one thing I couldn't wait for is the party on Friday, I wanted to a day to forget all my problems that were going on in my mind and have some fun with my favorite people.

I just wish for better days and better nights for me. I want to tell my friends about my problems but I don't want to be a burden to anyone anymore. Though, the longing on someone who would listen and understand still lives within me until I finally found that person who would be there. Maybe one day, just not now, not yet and it was always okay.