02

Next thing I knew, it was already Friday. I made sure to finish my pending assignments and did my parts in the group works I have so I wouldn't cram it all today. I was excited for tonight! Antagal ko na rin hindi nakita sila Elisia. Though, I had 3 classes for today from 11 AM to 2 PM. It will be a busy day.

I went to school at around 10 AM. It was still pretty early so I went to the library and ordered myself a matcha latte in CBTL. Luckily, I found a seat since there were plenty of students already. I spent the next 30 minutes studying for a quiz in my 1st class of the day. I then headed towards LS to go to my classes.

Hours passed, and my classes were finally finished. I headed straight to the LRT station to go home and rest first before the party in my the evening. Elisia sent me the details of the party yesterday and fortunately it was around Alabang area, which was not too far from where I live. I decided to text my best friend, Risella so we could meet to go to the party together.

To: Ris Alcantara <3
Ris!!! Punta ka ba mamaya sa party? Sabay tayo pleaseee

I hit sent and while waiting for her reply I took a shower and then went through my closet and picked out an outfit to wear. After rummaging through some clothes, I settled with a white tank top placed upon a pink crop jacket and a matching skirt that just goes below my knees. I picked out a white shoulder bag that compliments my look. I checked my phone and a notification pops up from 6 minutes ago.

From: Ris Alcantara <3
Sorry, bestie! 'Di ako makapunta mamaya... Ang daming backlogs eh huhu
:(( bawi ako soon, promise!

I sighed. I knew she was busy but I miss her too! Risella is my best friend ever since elementary school and we have been inseparable ever since. Though, I understood her situation now since she was studying in a nursing course that required less free time. But I can't wait for her to be a nurse and serve the country—it was her dream ever since then, and I support her all the way.

It was already 10:23 PM and the party started at 10 PM. Just a while ago, I asked Elisia if I could join her to go to the party and luckily she agreed since the route to the house was on the way here too. Thankfully, I heard a honking sound and went to the door. "Manang! I'll leave na muna. I might go home late at night, don't wait up on me po!" I told Manang before I left. I saw her nod and I proceeded to go out and I see Elisia with Carmela, one of my other closest friends. Us three along with Risella were the bestest friends all though out high school and I couldn't be anymore thankful for their existence. "Ganda naman ni Mareng Thea" rinig 'kong sabi ni Carmela. I smiled. "Haha, na-miss rin kita, gaga ka!" I said while opening the seat to the back.

We then drove out to the house. It felt incomplete without Risella but maybe in another time she could finally come with us.

"Kaya hindi talaga ako magdedate ng med major! Tingnan mo si Ris! Halos di na pumupunta sa mga inuman natin!" Biglang sabi ni Elisia. Carmela and I laughed and shook our heads. "Sige, sabi mo Eli ah, kung ikaw talaga nakita namin na-fall sa tiga med, matatawa talaga kami sa'yo" sambit ni Carmela.

After about 20 minutes, we arrived at the destination. Elisia parked at the driveway in front of the house. The house was huge. I don't even think its a house, its a whole mansion! All three of us got out of the car and proceeded to the door. I knocked and the door opened. There stood a tall guy that had red cheeks indicating that he drank quite a lot. "Hey Eli! What's up!" He said while Elisia hugged the guy. He then gestured for us to come in and there were already so many people inside. I saw people talking in the living room, some people dancing, and others playing games.

I scanned the place and headed towards the kitchen with the drinks. I thought Elisia and Carmela were with me but I saw them both part ways and talk to the people they know. I sighed and poured some Jack Daniels in a small red cup. I then went to see what other people are doing. I went to the living room next and saw no one familiar, everyone in there is talking to someone while I was there just looking at these people like I don't belong. I was so scared to just talk to people or be so out of place. I wasn't always like this but I guess it started when my ex and I broke up last year. It really fueled my trust issues into greater heights and I mean I already moved on from him but I still couldn't heal from the situation and pain he caused me back then. I mean I'm trying to—everyday.

I then went to another room where they were playing games, again, I saw no one familiar except for this one guy. He was wearing a black shirt and beige shorts with a necklace tucked inside of his shirt and a silver watch that unexpected compliments his outfit. I see him laughing with another person beside him, and that's when I realize its Yuan Rayden Alcantara, the famous basketball player of Ateneo de Manila Univeristy, the pride and joy of the school and did I mention, Risella's older brother?

It was weird to see him again after a while. I only saw him a few times when I went to Risella's house to hang out back in high school. But, I never knew he was this handsome. Wait what? Okay, pretend I never said that. I shook my thoughts and proceeded to go to the kitchen to get more drinks. Eli and Mela checked up on me once in a while and I appreciate that but they were also talking to other people so I let them be.

Hours past, it was already quarter past 12 AM, and I was drunk as hell. I was now sitting in the living room in an empty couch and felt my body weakened. I heard someone lay beside me. "Hey, pretty. I never seen you here before! You want to go out for a bit?" He asked and snickered. I sighed, and shook my head. "Go away-yyy" I drunkenly said and pushed him away. As I was trying to walk, he tightly took hold of my arm and forced me to go with him. I tried to pull back but he was stronger than me. But miraculously, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders facing me towards him.

"Let go of her, she's with me."