18

Awsten wand I sit beside each other on the bus. He hands me a piece of paper.
Rules:
1). If you tell anyone you're going down with me.
2). The more you scream the more punishments you'll get.
3). If you even try to give any hints you'll be locked up inside for good.
*****
The bus pulls up to the hotel and everyone rushes to get out, cheering, screaming and chanting. Geoff hands me my luggage from the side of the bus storage. Awsten holds my free hand with his. My carry-on is slung over my shoulder and I wheel my suitcase into the lobby. The line is massive, the Boyd are quite far behind in the back of the line.
"I'm gonna go to the washroom, be back."I kiss awsten's cheek, leaving my luggage with him.
I walk past the small fountain in the middle of the lobby and into the bathroom. I look under the stalls to make sure no one is in any. I push the stall door open and lean against the stall door. Tears run down my cheek, my eyes closed. Someone comes in so I flush the toilet and take a deep inhale then exhale. The same girl I sat beside on the plane is looking in the mirror. I reach in my beck pocket and look at the paper then put it back in my pocket. The tap water is cold, I just keep my hands there; it calms me.
"You okay?" The perky black-haired girl from the plane asks. "It looks like you've been crying. But you couldn't have been because you're on vacation and you're—"
"Please, just stop talking." I bite my lip gently then harder when she looks at me. That sounded ruder than intended. "Sorry, just... it's complicated."
"Wanna talk about it?" She asks as I turn the gap off and dry my hands.
"The more you know the more it'll hurt you." I say, she gives me a curious look. "I shouldn't." The lobby is decreasing with people.
"Hey, babe." Awsten kisses my temple and wraps his arms around me, his hand on my hip. "You feeling ok?"
"Uh, yeah." I lean into his chest. "Just a little nauseous, probably from the plane or the plane food." I take my bag and wheel it beside me. "Want a drink?"
"Sure, but Hawaii, please." He moves his hand to the middle of my back and kisses my lip gently. The bar is packed with the people from the bus, the one's chanting and screaming. I have a feeling they'll spend their while vacation drunk and having sex.
"One strawberry dachery and one blue Hawaii." I ask the bartender, he looks from my chest to my face. "Hello?" I say rudely.
"Sure thing, bae." I shift onto my right foot, my hip popping out. He hands me the drinks and I leave. Awsten is at the front desk getting our room keys.
"Thanks, baby." Awsten takes the drink and continues speaking. "We brought premium package, and you're telling me that you sold out?" Anger rises in his tone.
"Awsten, it's okay. "I take a sip of my drink then nearly spit it out. Way to much alcohol, it's almost corrosive. "Ma'am it's our honeymoon, after spending 3 hours in an airplane, having our flight delayed and a 2 hour bus ride all we want is our room."
"I have one first class package left, it'll be an extra one hundred dollars but it's all inclusive, includes: tours,shopping, horseback riding, food and one night on a private beach." She say's typing something into the computer. "The rooms have one king-sized bed, large bathroom, flat screen tv, room service..etc."
"Is it one hundred dollars more per night?" Awsten asks. She nods,her dark skin lighting up from the light on the ceiling. "If you can make it 50 you've got a deal." The lady taps the pen on her chin and squints at us. "If not we can always go to a different hotel. I'm sure they'd have the premium package left."
"Fine." She types in more numbers and digits into the computer then sighs and hands is 2 rook keys. "Esteban!" A bellman came running and helps us with our luggage by loading it onto the luggage cart. "Enjoy your stay." She tries to smile as we walk away. I can almost feel her rolling her eyes behind our backs.
*****

"Here." I give Esteban a 5 dollar tip, he takes my hand and kisses the back of it. Awsten coughs and shoos him away, "calm down." I put my hand on his shoulder as he inserts the room key. The room is a beige-brown and Awsten immediately is drawn to the television.
I roll the luggage into the hotel room, there's a knock on the door. Otto.
"How the hell did you get this room?!" Otto walks in and is also instantly drawn toward the tv.
"They had no more premium packages." I speak over the tv to Otto who I doubt is listening.
"Oh, that's nice." Otto waves his hand at me. The boys stare into the tv almost hypnotised. "It's almost dinner, you get room service, right?" I nod. "For free?"
"Yes." I say crossing my arms and standing beside the tv. Still no eye-contact. "We're not spending the whole day and night in the hotel room." I feel like a mother saying that." We're going to the beach, pool, bar, clubs; everything."
"Wuhht!" Otto gives me a puppy-dog face. I shake my head and smile.
"I'm gonna go shower, get dressed then we'll go to dinner." I walk into the bathroom then leak my head out the door. "Awsten, you better be dressed by then," I say in a motherly tone, almost scolding.
The tap water is either too hot or cold, no in between. I put the shoes head over my face, then the burning hot water leaving what I can imagine as red streaks down my face. I lather the shampoo then conditioner into my hair then rinse it out.
I put on my new bra that the guys got me, it looks like a combination lock. Very complicated. I pull up the underwear then button up the back of my dress. Yellow-beige, kind of vintage with flowers, 2 triangular holes in the sides.
"Ready?" I ask awsten, Otto left I guess.
"Remember the rules." Awsten smiles a mixture of happy and serious. I nod then put on my beige toms. Awsten wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my head.
This might not be the best vacation after all.
Fake a smile. Move on.