embarrassing

???: What the hell happened to the daycare bots??

You freeze. You left them in perfect condition, what could've happened in an hour? Whatever it could be, you run to the daycare. You're not mad at them anymore, you don't care about the mistakes, all that matters right now is what's wrong with them. Was it something you did? Did you break something when you shoved him away? What could have happened when-

You didn't screw his chest plate back into place. You feel your stomach drop, you've made this mistake before. Fixing a map bot years back, you didn't tighten the chest plate correctly, causing the map bot to tear out it's own wires. You push yourself to run faster, the sooner you can make it to the daycare attendants, the better chance of being able to fix them in time. If they did mess with their own wiring, there's no telling the mess they've created. You burst through the doors of the daycare, only to be greeted with Vanessa, the one who texted you.

"Y/n what happened? I thought you fixed them, why is sun hiding in the closet again??" Vanessa yells at you as you make your way over to the door shes infront of. "I don't know what kind of business you're running here, you're lucky I don't rat you out about your little outfits, get your shit together and fix the damn thing!"

You can feel the venom in her words, but shes the least of your worries as of right now. You knock on the door.

Knock Knock Knock...

"Sun? Its y/n, what happe-" You're cut off as the door swings open, before getting dragged into the room at robotic speed.

"Y/n!?" You hear Vanessa shout as the door is shut, followed with a click.

You're being held tightly, you can feel him slightly shaking with each synthetic breath. You can tell by the outift its sun, but youre unable to look up as his head is between your shoulder and head, just as moon was.

"Y/N!!" You hear Vanessa yell louder, accompanied with bangs on the door as she slams her shoulder into it, trying to bust it down to save you.

"I-I'm fine Vanessa!" You yell back. "I'll be out soon, don't wait up on me, go home!"

The banging stops, a sigh being heard from the other side of the door. Sun has you two sat on the floor, you on his lap as he holds you tight in a hug.

"Sun what did you do..?" You ask softly as you gently stroke his back.

"See...you." He mutters back, pulling you in tighter than you thought possible.

"See me? You boys can see me whenever you two need, theres no need to do this." You say as you sit up to get a better look at the damage.

You were right, they did mess with the inside of their chest, and it doesn't seem good. Black smears covered their hands, as well as the chestplate is obviously dented in. You flip the chest plate open, getting a better look at his wires. The wires have definitely been tampered with, some wires frayed while others completely detached.

"Sun..you've hurt yourself, why?" You ask, looking up at his face. Black smears cover his face, his frown isn't much better. You've gotten use to his playful smile, seeing him so upset stung. He looks away from you, unwilling to answer.

"Did I hurt you and you wanted the pain to stop?"

You worry, did you cause more pain than intended? Was it you twisting the wires and he wanted the pain to go away?

"Help.." He whines, his hands covering your waist as he pulls you closer, not liking the few inches you've gotten away from him.

"I'll help, i'll help" You reassured him, reaching for your tool box that was dropped as he pulled you into the room.