Chapter 16 - 🍥

Naruto POV:

We made our way over to a patch of land that was dirt with grass surrounding it.

"3.. 2.. 1... Go!" Kiba shouted.

Bushy Brow threw a punch which I blocked. I jumped up and tried to kick him, but he grabbed onto my foot and pulled it so I fell onto the ground.

I got up and waited for him to make a move. He ran towards me and threw a kick to my side. While he was busy kicking me, I managed to punch him in the face. I stumbled as I steadied myself on the ground. He backed away, with a slight groan.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah-" I started, "It's a perfect idea," I said as my voice became strained, as I dodged Bushy Brow's moves.

The practice lasted for about 12 minutes. We both ran towards each other as we punched each other in the face. We both fell on our backs, panting.

TenTen went over to Bushy Brow and picked him up and he thanked her.

I was staring up at the sky as I heard footsteps.

"Are you going to get up?" I saw Sasuke bending over, looking at me.

"Nah- not unless you help me." I spoke.

He sighed. "Fine."

The blacked-haired boy helped me up as we made our way to the camp.

"You really need to be more careful," A warm smile invaded his face as he spoke. I laughed at what he said.

"Yeah- I really do." I smiled back at him.

"Hey Sasuke?" I asked him.

"Yeah?" He looked at him.

"What do you think of me?" I asked him. I already knew what I thought of myself, but I wanted to hear someone else, other than the villagers, see what they thought of me.

"Well," He sucked in a breath,

"You're very out-going and energetic. You always know how to make someone smile or friend someone. You're strong, both physically and mentally, and you have a goal that no one can or could ever stop you from achieving. I'm glad that I'm on the same team as you, you always make missions interesting or fun. And you are just amazing in general." I felt my face gain color as he said it with such sincerity. It was sort of cute to see him so soft like this. He had his furrowed together, his eyes looked soft, and had a smile like a bowl of ramen had been given to him.

He was looking down as he said this, then he looked up at me as he said the last part.

"Thank... You. I've never gotten a compliment like that before..." I spoke.

Sure, I've gotten some compliments but they never felt true. Like they didn't actually mean it, but with Sasuke, it's different. Even if I got a compliment from someone else, I always deny it, saying it isn't true.

But, with Sasuke, it sounds so genuine, it's like he's saying what he loves most about me.

I snapped out of my thought process when Kakashi-sensei brought me, Sakura, and Sasuke our food, as did the other sensei's to theirs.

I smiled at the thought of Sasuke potentially liking me back. I felt myself blush and the sun shine down on me like it was confirming Sasuke liked me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Space:

Sorry for the trashy fight scene lol-

Thank you all for 6.13k reads!

There will probably be a couple more chapters left, I don't know yet, but I hope that you have enjoyed reading this chapter!