Chapter 9 - 🌸

Sakura POV:

As I read the letter, I recognized the handwriting.

Due to me almost always sitting next to Sasuke in the academy.

I felt a sharp pain hit my heart. Like a needle or a dagger stabbed me in the chest.

I felt like I was going to cry because of my crush liking someone whom I'm friends with.

I didn't cry though.

I couldn't.

I would and could not let myself destroy this.

I want Naruto and Sasuke to be happy.

Even if I can't have Sasuke to myself.

I would rather them be happy than me.

Kakashi-Sensei said that we would be going on a mission to transport supplies to a village that was attacked by bandits.

Turns out the rest of the 9 rookies were joining us.

The pain didn't go away.

I just felt like I needed to let it all out.

"Hey, Sasuke-Kun?" I asked him.

"Hn?" He replied.

"Can I talk to you, in private?" I asked nervously.

He looked suspiciously at me but walked towards me as I walked away from the group.

"So um Sasuke," I started.

"I like you a lot, you probably already know this, but when I read the letter that Naruto got, I recognized the handwriting. Just then I realized that you like Naruto, and the thing is, I will not intervene between your upcoming relationship with him. I just thought that I'd let you know that I support you and Naruto. I also wish you the best of life that's to come to you. I will not bother you for the rest of the day if that is what you want. Please just know that I do not wish to ruin your relationship with Naruto. I just want you to have a happy life and if you're happy with Naruto, I will not try to change that."

Sasuke's face was something unexpected.

He looked shocked, relieved, and even a bit happy.

I started to walk away, hanging my head a bit low with a smile.

"Sakura..." He spoke.

"Yes?" I asked as I stopped.

"Thank you... for everything." He smiled a genuine smile.

My heart melted at the sight.

"You're Welcome Sasuke." I smiled back.

We walked back to the group together and noticed that it was getting dark.

The sky was mixed with shades of pink, orange, yellow, purple, and blue. The trees, bushes, flowers, the little blue birds, the fresh strawberries, made it beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Author's Space:

Ok I know this probably wasn't the chapter you guys were expecting but just doing Sasuke's POV got kinda boring to write.

Writing the story in different POV's makes it easier for me to write.

Thank you for reading this part.