Chapter 19

(This chapter will be on First Person Point of View, unlike the others which were all Third Person Point of View.)

I fired a shot the moment my eyes met Zerstoerer's, but it was for nothing. Before the bullet reached him, he stomped the staff to the wooden floor, creating an invisible force that sent everyone flying either to the floor or the walls.

I groan in pain as I force myself up from the floor. I then felt a throbbing pain on my back, before hitting the wooden shelf behind me.

It was Sean Renard who got to stand up first, screaming No's as he ran after Zerstoerer holding Diana's hand and leading her out of the house.

The moment we all got our bearings, I and Trubel immediately tried to rush out after Sean, but Nick blocked our way.

“You two, take Kelly and get out of here,” Nick exclaimed, his eyes filled with authority.

He already decided before everything went to hell.

“Nick, you need us,” Trubel answered, her hands clenching at the idea of leaving the man, who saved her out of misery, behind.

“Save him,” Nick added, not letting Trubel past him.

“One of us can protect Kelly. Let the other come and fight with you.” I started, trying to walk past him, but he grabbed my hand before I could.

“No. You stay here and back Trubel up.” Nick said, already determined not to let us fight with them.

“Trubel, Menace, please.” My eyes met Adalind’s, and all I could do was curse under my breath.

I watch as Trubel runs down the stairs that lead to the room under the floor.

“Monroe, get the bowl,” Nick ordered, and Monroe did.

“But don't spill anything,” Adalind added as they ran out of the house to back Sean up.

I felt warm hands cup my face, and soft lips crash into mine. My hands instinctively wrap around Meisner's neck, pulling him closer to my body, and kissing him back.

It felt so long, but at the same time, it felt as if we were running out of time as he pulled away from the kiss.

“Don’t you dare die, or I'll kill you myself.” he gave me an amused smile, before turning his back on me and running after the others.

Leaving me suddenly feeling cold now that he is not on my side.

“Menace.” I turned to Trubel, and found her emerging from the stairs, carrying Kelly's carrier.

I took it from her and carefully placed it on the table right beside the farthest wall. I smile down at Kelly, muttering assurance under my breath even though I know he won't understand me yet.

The child, barely a year old, only smiles at me, hammering the thorn that pierces my heart, and feeding the fear that creeps up my spine.

I don't fear the end of my life. I fear that he won't even get to live his.

I tightly clenched my gun, and Trubel did the same on her bolo. Neither of us can see what's going on outside.

Trubel walks up to the window, pushing the curtains to the side and peeking out.

Suddenly there was a scream...

“Menace! Trubel! Run!”

And I felt cold as if I was drenched in cold water, filled with ice.

The potion didn't work. The plan failed...

The door suddenly slammed closed. I stayed beside Kelly as Trubel tried to kick the door open. She even tried throwing chairs on the window, but it wouldn't shatter.