Prologue

There's a crashing sound so loud it can be heard from the outside. The man's body collided with the glass table, shattering it to pieces as a woman's scream echoed throughout the house. The man with the contorted lion face, growls as the woman tries to run to her husband. The vicious man launches at her. His big scorpion tail tightens as he catches her, then pierces the woman's chest with the sharp end, resembling a scorpion's attack.

Another girl, younger, groans as she slowly regains consciousness, wincing upon feeling the throbbing on her head. She softly caresses the back of it, biting her lip from the pain before looking at her hand, her eyes widening at the sight of blood.

She then remembers...

She was having dinner with her parents when someone barged in through the front door. It was a man she recognized. She saw him in the newspaper that morning. It was the man who was released that day from prison after being sentenced to ten years. Guilty of Multiple murders.

"I told you I'll come back for you!" the man bellows, his face twitching. The man tilted his head aggressively, and in just a blink of an eye, his face changed.

It contorted. Hairs growing on his face resembling a lion's mane. Then he bares his fang, resembling a canine's. Black long tail with a pointed bent end resembling that of a scorpion's on his rear.

The father grabs her daughter and wife, pushing them behind him as an act of shield.

"Menace, run!" her father screamed, his voice coated with fear. Not for his life, but for his family's.

That was all she remembered before blacking out.

She lifted her head and then froze at the sight of her parent's bodies lying across the living room. Her father lying on the shattered glasses with a hole pierced in his chest, while her mother was thrown to the side with the same wound.

They weren't moving...

Holding the tears back, the girl took the chance to run upstairs. She grits her teeth when she hears the monster's growl. His rush, heavy footsteps right behind her as he chases her like a wild animal hunting its prey.

She hurried to her parent's room, running straight to their closet where she remembered the gun she once saw her father hide. She kneels to grab the small compartment below the closet, opens it, and grabs the gun before the man attacks her with his tail, missing her head a few inches. She was pinned to the wall, but she didn't need more time.

She shakily cock the gun like how she would always see her father do, and the moment the man tried to pull his tail out of the wooden closet, she fires. It hit the man right on his neck. She fired again, this time on the man's chest. She was seething with anger as she watched the man stagger backward, falling to his knees.

There was no fear in the girl's eyes. It was only filled with anger and hate, as she stood up, and slowly walked closer to the man. The man tried to attack her again with his tail when she got close, but she fired once more. Another bullet to the creature's tail, as she stumbles back from the recoil.

"Y-You're... a Grimm... " the man coughed through the blood seeping from his mouth.

That was the first time she heard of the word.

His eyes met the young girl's, and all he saw was void darkness, reflecting his true self. His monstrosity.

"You will burn in hell." she declared, ending the man's life with a bullet in the forehead.

The man collapsed on the floor. Blood pooling, as she watches him change back to his normal face. She dropped the gun, hands shaking as she ran back downstairs, hoping to see her parents alive. They remained not moving from where she had seen them earlier.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, sobs slipped from her mouth, and her throat felt restricted it was hard to breathe. She runs towards the living room, kneeling by the side of her parents.

"Dad! Mom! Please! Wake up!" she begged, shaking their bodies as if it would wake them up. It didn't.

It was fifteen minutes later when the police showed up. They arrived at the sight of her, lying on the side of her parents.

"Menace..." the girl lifts her head at the sound of a familiar voice.

A man kneels beside her, wrapping his coat around her body. Her clothes were stained with blood, which was ignored for she doesn't care anymore. Her body was shaking from the cold, but she didn't feel it. As if the void that the intruder saw in her eyes had somewhat devoured her.

"I'll take you home..." the man muttered, strengthening himself for the sake of the girl, even though there was a lump in his throat as he looked at his sister's dead body.

But what help would it do? Her parents are dead, and now she's filled with anger so overwhelming she feels like she'll pass out.

What can quench her thirst for vengeance? What can subdue her hatred threatening to devour her?

'Everyone then should beware. For a Grimm's rage can never be soothed. This is just the beginning of her Legacy.'