CHAPTER 18

Menace's eyes widen upon seeing the dead bodies scattered everywhere as she makes her way to the main office of the precinct.

Her heart beat so loudly against her chest as she listened to the silence that overtook what was usually a lively place.

Glasses scrunch under her boots as she carefully trudges her way inside. Her gun clutched in her hands, while her eyes frantically searched for Nick's figure. Dreading seeing him lying on the floor lifeless just like the others.

But then she heard screams of no. Frustrated groans filled with sorrow, she found Nick crouching between a motionless and lifeless Hank and Wu, looking defeated all over.

"Oh my god, Nick..." Menace muttered, holding back a sob upon seeing the two men she had grown close to the past few months.

She slowly walks towards them, crouching beside Hank and looking at his peaceful face, feeling as if the guy just went to slumber. She glances at Wu and tears finally roll down her cheeks.

"Nick!" Trubel shouted, rushing into the room with a bolo in her hand, stopping at the sight of Nick and Menace crouching beside the dead bodies of their friends.

"They're dead." Nick breathed out, tears verging from rolling down.

"Oh my god... Oh my god, Nick," she stated, rushing beside Menace, holding onto Hank's hand. "Did you..." she started, glancing at the stick in his hand. The same stick that brought Meisner back to life.

"It's not working," Nick replied, as Menace stands up before she got pulled by Meisner into an embrace.

The man was panting, evidently from rushing to get to the precinct and check if she was okay.

"No. They can't be dead!" Trubel exclaimed, thinking how the stick should work just as it did with Meisner. "Oh, my god. He killed everybody." she continued, looking around with a tight chest upon seeing more bodies everywhere.

"Except me and I don't know why," Nick replied angrily, his jaw tight.

"Maybe he thought you were dead, or maybe the stick protected you," Trubel said, trying to come up with the reason as to why.

"Well, if the stick protected me, why didn't it do anything to help Hank or Wu?!" Nick shouted, pushing himself up from crouching, anger clouding his eyes.

"We have to find out how to stop him. If not, dead bodies will pile up." Menace muttered, standing beside Meisner, her hands clutch into fists.

"I'm not gonna have more cops killed. I'm going to find him and I'm going to kill him." Nick declared, a new resolution filling his eyes, alongside the anger.

"If bullets don't kill him, we have to do this the way our ancestors did..." Trubel started, glancing at Menace.

"Cut off his head." Menace continued for her. "Are the weapons still in the Spice shop?"

Nick nodded before pulling out his phone and proceeding to call Adalind to tell her what had happened. Menace walks over to Trubel and pats her back as the latter gives one more tearful look at Hank and Wu.

"Menace and Trubel are with me." Both owners of the names turn to look at Nick, waiting for his following words.

Menace glances at Meisner and the man was confused as to why Nick hadn't included his name. He looks at Menace and when the latter smiles, he understands why. Everyone knows he died, Adalind and Renard aren't exempted from that. They will be confused, but there's no time to explain.

"I'm gonna send them out to you." Menace and Trubel look at each other, confused about what Nick said. "If he finds them, I need someone like us to be with them." Nick then ended the call after telling Adalind that he was going to the spice shop.