Chapter 10

"Nick, you gotta see this."

They all turned to Monroe as he stood up from kneeling beside the trunk luggage. A small brown cloth in his hands as he walks to the table, showing Nick what looks like an old piece of metal with designs Menace hasn't seen ever before.

She watches Nick's expression. His eyes bulged upon seeing the object in Monroe's hand.

"Oh, my god, another key?" Rosalee exclaimed, rushing to her husband's side as he handed Nick the key.

Monroe then put down the cloth on the table, revealing two more keys.

"Three of them," Nick muttered upon seeing the keys.

Everyone's eyes widened and shocked expressions painted their face, leaving Menace the only one wondering what the keys were for, and why it felt like it was very important.

"Go get the other two keys from upstairs," Nick told Rosalee, and she complied, running to the stairs toward the first floor of the shop.

Monroe pulled out a map once Rosalee got back down, carrying two more keys resembling the ones Trubel was holding. Trubel then started pressing the intricate designs covering the keys into ink, before pressing it down on a piece of paper, revealing what turned out to be small parts of a map.

 Trubel then started pressing the intricate designs covering the keys into ink, before pressing it down on a piece of paper, revealing what turned out to be small parts of a map

"Doesn't all fit together," Menace mumbled, looking down on the few mismatching lines the keys made on the paper.

"Yeah, we're still missing two keys," Nick replied, pointing to the lines as Monroe tried to find the similar lines on the paper to the big map he brought out.

"But maybe we have enough to figure out where it is," Rosalee added as they huddled around the table, all the books and weapons secure back on the trunk luggage.

"Okay, wait a minute, before you all proceed. Can someone please tell me what the keys are for?" Menace chimed in, standing across the table so they could see her.

The others glance at Nick, waiting for him to respond. After all, he's the one at the utmost center of everything regarding the keys.

"Aunt Marie, your mother, gave one of the keys to me. Told me to protect it and never let it fall into the wrong hands. Turns out, there are a total of seven keys that leads to a treasure of great power that our Grimm ancestors buried. Whatever the treasure is, a lot of Wesens had tried to kill me to get it, and they are still trying.." Nick explained, looking back at the map Monroe was using to track the similarities of it to the ones they got from the keys. He let out a sigh upon remembering all the Wesens he had to kill and died because of the keys, yet there they were, still trying to figure out whatever the buried treasure was.

"Wait a minute. Look at this." Monroe muttered, pointing at something particular on the map in front of him. All heads turn to look at it. "These three hills here, with two rivers on either side, connecting to the bigger river here, that is an exact match for what the keys are saying," he added, pointing between the map and the map they made on the piece of paper using the keys. "And it's in the Schwarzwald." he continued a smile of accomplishment on his face.