Chapter 12

"What the hell is that?!" Menace exclaimed, stepping back with her hands covering her nose as Rosalee step out of the other room, holding a perfume bottle that smells like nothing she have ever smelled before.

Even Nick, Hank, and Wu, all groan in disgust upon smelling the scent. It was putrid, so potent that it almost made Menace puke.

It smells like, if you mix all the rotten flesh you can find, whether it be animal or human, and leave it hanging open for months.

It smells of death...

"Okay, here. Don't spray this until you have to, and only on his clothes and not on his skin." Rosalee explained, handing the perfume bottle to Nick, who took it but made sure that it was an arm's length far from his face.

If they didn't need it, he would throw it out.

"And you need to wear this." Rosalee continued, walking to her husband and handing him an object to block his nose from getting a direct smell of the perfume. He would be the one they're gonna spray it on after all.

"You ready?" Nick asked, looking at Monroe.

"Can we get this over with?" he responded, taking the perfume bottle Nick was handing him as the others starts leaving the shop.

"I feel like my brain is on fire." Menace muttered as she gets on her bike. Sliding the helmet into her head, before putting the keys in the ignition.

"I knew it would be unordinary, but I didn't expect that smell at all," Hank commented, blowing his nose on a handkerchief before getting inside the car.

Wu followed him, opening the door in the backseat as Nick over to the driver's seat.

They waited for Monroe to step out of the shop, and when he did, they were off to the planned location.

The park.

They all waited for it to get dark before stepping out into the open. They walk to clear space and had Monroe prepared.

"All right. This is good enough." Nick started, looking at Monroe.

"Okay, can you hold this, please?" Monroe breathed out, handing the perfume bottle to Wu, who took it reluctantly. Making sure to hold it an arm's length away from his face as Monroe put on the object that Rosalee gave him to stuff his nose. "You guys might want to, you know, clear," he stated, taking back the perfume from Wu's hand.

Nick, Hank, Wu, and Menace all step away from Monroe as he starts spraying the Parfum de la Mort on his clothes. His head pulls back repulsively as if he still can smell it even through the stuff on his nose.

The others grimace at the putrid smell, and Menace even gags. Covering her nose with her hand and stepping further away from the others.

"Oh, my god. I can feel how bad this stuff smells." Monroe grimaced as he starts to lie down on the cold soil.

"Time to go," Nick ordered, walking away from Monroe along with the others. Each one is hiding in a different place to wait for the Wesen responsible for all the boneless victims.

They waited for a few more minutes in the darkness. All waiting in anticipation and caution. Looking out for Monroe who remains lying on the ground completely still, acting like a real victim close to their death.

It didn't take that long. A man came out of the shadow. Walking cautiously towards Monroe, and stopping a few times. Tilting his head from side to side as if sniffing the air.

Menace pulls out the gun Meisner gave him. Nick and Hank do the same. All oblivious to the fact that one of them is missing.

But then the guy stops when he was a few steps far from Monroe. He sniffed the air before he started stepping back. Walking away as if he doesn't see Monroe at all.