mistaken for an accessory

You came home from your late night shift at work one early morning. It was a long night working hard. You were about to get ready for bed when eddie tackled you into a hug. You are surprised to see eddie still awake.

Normally you would see eddie already asleep without waking him up. Eddie really misses hanging out with you.

Eddie: *sobs* I missed you so much, y/n!
You: oh eddie. I had to work late nights so I can earn money to pay for the apartment.
Eddie: *whimpers* I miss you, y/n
You: *hugs eddie* I miss you too, eddie.

You hug eddie for a good 5 minutes. You let go of eddie, but eddie didn't.  You sigh in annoyance.

You: eddie, you can let go now.
Eddie: *muffled against your neck* no...

As days pass, eddie still clings onto you for dear life. Some people were confused at why eddie hangs onto you while many mistake him for a backpack.

Eddie: no.... I'm not a backpack. I'm his/her boyfriend/fiance/fiancee/ husband.

In subways or buses, you lay on eddie as people mistake eddie for a pillow .

Eddie: I'm not a pillow. I'm his/her boyfriend/fiance/fiancee/husband.

This happened all the time with people mistaking eddie for an accessory.  Eddie was so embarrassed he was in the verge of tears and tried to hide them, but what people didn't know is that eddie loved you too much he refused to let you go.