TWENTY-ONE

"We were just worried about you

"We were just worried about you." Sevyn said to Layla as she, Olivia and Layla walked into the Bakers home.

"I get that, especially after whatever Spencer was telling you two, but I'm fine." Layla told the two.

"Well, just remember, this is because we care about you." Olivia said trying to ease her into what's about to happen.

"What is?" Layla asked. Without any response Sevyn and Olivia walked toward the living room with Layla following behind them.

"Hi, Honey." Laura said as they all stood up.

"Dad? What is this?"

"Why don't you have a seat, Honey? Dr. Gurman will explain." JP told her as everyone else took their seats. Sevyn saw that Miss. Grace had called but she would call her after the intervention with Layla.

"Everyone gathered here today loves you, Layla... But they're scared. Major depressive disorder affects millions of people across the country. Teens today are faced with so much pressure to be perfect."

"We're gathered here today because your friends and family are concerned about your erratic behavior and loss of interest in daily activities. We're here to give you help. Your father and I have agreed that an inpatient trea..." he continued causing Layla to snap out of her thoughts with a gasp.

"Wait. I mean, you want to have me committed?" Layla asked her father finally understanding what they were trying to do.

"No one wants you committed." JP said to her.

"I know what "inpatient treatment" means. This is ridiculous. No." Layla disagreed.

"I know that this is difficult, but your behavior has raised ques..."

"According to them, to my ex-boyfriend, Princess rehab and Princess eating disorder here, they say I've been acting differently, so all of a sudden, you all agree I need professional help." Layla said causing Sevyn eyes to widen at Layla speaking on Sevyn's past eating disorder.

"Come on. The lies? I mean, you trashed your own house." Olivia said.

"We saw your hotel room Layla." Sevyn added.

"Please don't act like we're just making this up, Layla. I seen the cuts on your arm." Spencer said to her.

With a sniffle Layla extended her arm to show them, "Stopped wearing the bracelets that were causing the cuts, see? Healed. And I am not the only teenager who skipped class or has a messy room."

"Look, I agree I could have... Handled the break-in better, but... I was scared." Layla said as she looked at her father. Sevyn couldn't help but shake her head Layla was very manipulative.

"W-w-why didn't you tell me?" JP asked felling into Layla trap.

"Because I shouldn't have had to tell you. You should have come home. You should have known what was going on. You should have... Been my dad." Layla told him causing him to sigh before continuing, "Couldn't we just talk, just you and me?"