Chapter 21

It's really funny at times how much people matter to you. When you have them, they aren't valued at much. When they're gone, you desire their presence. I stared at my best friend Caden who was watching the movie with full concentration. I took another bite of the ice cream and smiled. Sometimes we forget about the people that matter to us the most. I haven't seen Nate much. I see him in one class and sometimes in the hallway. He look pretty fine but I knew my Nate... He wasn't fine at all.

Max constantly hit on me and I just rolled my eyes and walked away every time. Jasmine, Caden & I had formed some sort of group... We did almost everything together. There was a transfer student who started hanging out with us too, Samuel. I knew that I was the bone in Jasmine and Caden's relationship but they never made me feel like it. Almost everyday, the four of us would hang out at my house. Samuel was a friend of Nate's too so at times he would leave to go hang out with Nate and his group.

I wouldn't say Maria left the picture... She was pretty much everywhere in the picture amd tried very hard to make me feel jealous by talking to Nate but I didn't really have any emotions towards them... I knew Nate wouldn't, even if Maria would beg.

"Jade?" Caden shaked me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked

"Your phones ringing." Samuel said giving me my phone and I silently thanked him.

"Hey Cara!" I said greeting my aunt.

"Hey baby. I have to leave to L.A. for just three days. There's a shoot and I have to be there. Will you be okay?" Cara said, cheerfully.

"Yeah. Have fun. I love you." I said smiling and hung up.

"What's up?" Samuel asked

"My aunt has a shooting for three days. She called to inform me that's all." I said. Caden and Samuel looked at each other and then nodded. What's going on?

"Why don't you stay over at mine?" Samuel asked

"Why? I'm capable of living alone Samuel." I said, a bit offended.

"Yes I know, my parents aren't in town and I'm staying alone too." He said sounding firm.

"Okay fine." I said groaning.

"That's my girl!" Caden said cheerfully.

"Why don't I just stay at Jasmine's?" I asked

"You can't." The said together.

"What the fuck is going on?" I said knowing something was wrong.

"The thing is Jade, I planned this thing for Jasmine this weekend. I didn't want you to feel you know.." Caden said looking ashamed.

"Caden! I would never." I said exasperatedly.

"You're okay with it?" He asked sounding happier than earlier.

"YES!"'I said kissing his cheek.

"Okay pack up!" Samuel said groaning.

I threw the pillow at his impatient face and went to pack.

......

"Jade?" Samuel asked while we were lying down on the bed.

Samuel's house was huge. Almost as big as mine. We were playing FIFA on the playstation when I felt drowsy and decided to call it a night. At around 1 am, I felt a bit scared as there was nobody at home and except the two maids but they were in the headquarters so when Samuel came to check on me, I asked him to stay with me.

"Hmm?" I said

" Do you think you'll be able to forgive Nate?" He asked warily.

" I already have. He did what he had to do. Dosent matter anymore. He didn't rap her, thank god for that, but he did attempt to. I have forgiven him, I just don't want him in my life anymore that's all." I said smiling at my confidence.

"He still loves you." I heard him before drifting of to sleep...

.....

The next morning, I felt someone's leg on top of mine and someone's arms on my shoulder. I shrugged out of Samuel's grip and went to the kitchen.

"Samuel, are you in the kitchen?" Dickhead, I've been trying to call you for 30 minutes now!" I heard someone shout and I knew who's voice that was...

"SAM-" He froze and so did I. My back was toward him but I knew he knew it was me.

"Jade, are you in the kitchen?" I I heard Samuel ask, with his heavy sleepy voice.

"Yeah.." I said not daring to turn around.

"God, I got worried cutie, was just about t-" Samuel stopped mid words and I turned around, seeing Nate's flabbergasted face. He looked at me and then a shirtless Samuel... Oh god.