𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈, 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒

''SO EVERYTHING IS FINE BETWEEN YOU AND MARCUS NOW?" LUNA ASKED WITH AN INQUISITIVE SMILE

"Yes, everything is normal now," I told her as we walked down the hallway and back into the room where our friends were hanging out.

"Good. Seeing Marcus sad again wasn't fun." Luna laughed as she found herself back into the room. "He was finally getting back to the man our other Kings and the ancients promised us he used to be. Guy really took a nosedive and never got back up. Until you came around, that is."

I'd heard a lot about that deep depression he'd been in. We didn't talk about it, Marcus and I, but the people around talk. Plenty of the guards mentioned it in passing, as well as Aro and Caius. From what I could see, it made a lot of sense. Marcus is a very sensitive person and something as awful as having a wife die could plunge him into a nearly never ending depression.

Glad that was over, though. Seeing him at least okay... that's better than the alternative of what things used to be like.

"We have to get ready for the gathering," Luna complained to the group.

"It's in two weeks, girl," Renata reminded her. "We have time."

"No we don't," she denied as she laid up against the wall. "It takes forever for the seamstresses to make everyone's dresses. Her daughter and sister are helping but that doesn't change the fact that we're cutting it close."

"They've had our measurements for centuries, Luna. This family has made dresses before in under a week." Renata rolled her eyes.

"Why would you want our lovely ladies to have to rush for our dresses? Wouldn't you want the prettiest, sexiest dress to be made with love and care rather than being so worried that they could get something wrong and have only hours to fix it before the main event?"

She had a point, a good one at that. I hadn't thought about what I'd be wearing. Mine had been made, and just needed to be fitted properly. How someone managed to get my measurements? Who knows, I didn't want to think about that. All Aro would tell me is that it would look beautiful on me and that it was blue. Matched with their gold, allegedly, and also came with a pretty pair of golden high heels.

I wasn't too worried about my own dress, but the guards sure as hell should be. Two weeks for a prom dress is seen as too late, most of the good stuff is sold out! Imagine trying to make multiple dresses by hand in two weeks. What a nightmare. I'd never made clothing by hand but I was surely a bit worried for the women doing that work before the gathering.

"You should go and get that done, Renata, stressing out the humans working for the betterment of the castle's image wouldn't be very nice," I said. "Working by hand is hard enough as it is, but being in a rush always leads to some kind of issues with the work. Human error is real and working under pressure is only good when it comes to essays or homework assignments."

Renata sighed, seeing that she had clearly lost this debate on whether or not they should go get that done. They had their free time.

They actually had a lot more free time then most of the other guards at this point. Being the best of the best had its uses, which clearly they didn't get. I understood Jane and Alec, they were still young in their maturity and needed decompression time. These guys? Not so much. Renata was quite old and Luna even older. Luna was... oh lord she was nearly as old as the twins.